SueChick

Flubenvet Dosed Pellets & Mash???

I wonder if someone could help here. I have started the dreaded week of no treats and restricted free ranging to worm them with Flubenvet on their pellets. I just wondered if you could also offer them some Flubenvet laced layers mash at the same dose as well or would this be an overdose? I have discovered that when they are free ranging they also want to snack (our free ranging area is paved so I rely on treat based entertainment mostly - like find the mealworms in the pebbles or corn dispensing ball etc and some turf to pick at) but as they shouldn't eat treats in the mornings I give them a dish of layers mash to pick at when they are free ranging. This seems to solve the problem of treats affecting good quality food and protects us from softies.

So I am wondering - can I offer them the layers mash and pellets at the same time laced with Flubenvet or will this be an overdose if they eat both? Or is it a case of if they eat their fill of both it will still the correct dosage for their body weight? Hope this makes sense!??

Thanks very much.

No you wont overdose them, they will eat what they need as long as the dosage is correct in the mash.

I often make a porridge up of pellets/mash to give them, they love the change and don't realise its just your normal pellets in there girls!! I do this at weekends when I am running the gravity feeders down and use the bits left at the bottom before the big wash out, then they start with fresh pellets in their feeder...

Thanks - that's a really good tip about using up the feeders too.

I have ordered some pre-medicated pellets from marriages now as I found my flubenvet was out of date! So I can't medicate the layers mash as well now anyway. However I could make a porridge/mash from the medicated pellets by warm water which they could have in the free range area to try and convince them it's a treat and therefore prevent the glares I'm going to get!