Cat tails

Qute with gerbils. Getting one!

I can't see them being a problem, we had 3 Gerbils for a few years and they never escaped.

What I would say is hamsters can generally be ok on their own but I'd get a few gerbils, which for us meant the gerbils were handled less as they'd all come out at the same time but with two you should be ok.

Handle them regularly when you get them and they'll be much better later on.

Look forward to seeing the photos ;)

The Qute is a good gerbil home, although not as secure enough to keep a cat out, as we found out sadly. Our cat managed to prise the door open and catch and kill our son's gerbils while he was asleep, very upsetting. We know have a strong clip which we use to prevent a repeat.

The qute has with stood gerbil activities very well and looks as good as new. Just beware that the door can be a weak point.

Qute is being delivered tomorrow! And reserved myself 2 little gerbils. They need to stay with their mom for another week, but next week wednesday, they'll come home!

Meet the family! Mom and dad on the right and the 6 kids on the left. One yellow (Phosphorus, or P for short) and one silver (Tin, or Sn for short) will be mine. (PSN is my abreviation at school :wink: Chemistry teacher all the way!)

image.jpg1_zpssdknfvh1.jpg

My Qute arrived! And today also my supplies: woodshavings, hay, feed (smells nice!), little bowl for sand, sand, wooden bridge made of sticks and a new bottle (the omlet one was missing the little metal ball, but generic ones do fit in the holder which is brilliant!).

I can pick up the babies next Wednesday! Exciting!

Disappointing news...

Went to pick up the two gerbils I reserved and one was clearly very unwell. Looked hunched, closed eyes and very scruffy dull looking coat.

Clearly I couldn't buy this lot. I feel for the little chap. But I'm slightly annoyed too. I was the first to reserve from this litter and didn't mind either sexe. By now all the others were reserved too and they are still fit and healthy, but of course not mine to take home...

Well I'm going to try again next week.