mullethunter

Japanese Knotweed

Thanks Luvachicken. Hoover thoroughly, clean up the two small piles of cat sick :vom: , strip the wallpaper in the lounge to paint the walls, paint the lounge ceiling, replace the bathroom suite and install a mixer shower and decide whether to repainted the kitchen cabinet doors or replace them.

Phew!

Over stretching myself for a week!?

Oh, and Cuprinol the decking, construct the WiR and plant the potatoes and beans. And cut the grass.

Maybe I should have taken a month off!

Are you living in the house while you do it up ?

In our first house we painted over everything as we didn't have much money.

Your kitchen sounds better than the one we had - a 3 ringed electric oven, a stand alone little cupboard, a larder and one of those old fashioned dressers on the wall like the one in the Dingles house(pale blue)

We got there eventually.

You will too.

There is no rush except I know you are desperate for more chickens in the garden :wink:

Yeah, we had horrible laminate the first house we had. Painted over them - in hindsight orange wasn't a good colour although it was better than the nasty dark wood effect :lol: I read since that orange colour improves the appetite. Well no wonder I put on weight after we married - it's all down to those cupboards! :lol:

We've been in our 3rd house for 23 years now and still not fully decorated. We still have the yukky carpets downstairs and the small spare room has never been decorated since the house was built 30 years ago - even the original owners didn't do anything to it. Next house will be blitzed first before anything else otherwise we'll never finish it!

Ahhh, I wish we could have done that. We did with our first house - we had it in the October and pretty much decorated it (well repaired the windows etc, removed the carpet plus fleas and hoped none stayed in my car) and moved in after our honeymoon at the end of February. Hubby slept in the house overnight but went to his mum's for breakfast - we worked in different directions, my job was nearer my mum which was further away than where our house was. We decorated at the weekends and in the evenings. He had a camp bed and my parents set up my bed in our room as a surprise to come back to (mine was a double - hated having to share my bed - I liked to spread out :lol: ).

So far I have painted the lounge ceiling (it was cheap nasty stained tongue and groove and is now cheap nasty off-White tongue and groove), washed the lounge skirting boards ready for sanding and painting, stripped the wallpaper and filled dodgy patches in the bedroom - sanding and sugar soaping today prior to painting (top cot will be slatey blue with white ceiling).

Unfortunately the plumbing is very 'odd' and we think we need a new boiler.