Chucky Mama

Eurovision!

Me me me me!!

But have already watched two nights so far. This is going to be a loooong one... Will be watching Graham Norton because a) he is hilarious!, b) the Dutch person is horrendous and painfully not-funny

So far I really like the following countries:

Romania (touching song),

Russia (good song, good singer),

Sweden (serious eye candy, great background video, this one really does make a chance I think. Although the song is a bit boring, the eye candy makes up for it), :wink:

UK (very happy catchy song, although the lyrics are a bit awkward... :eh: )

Estonia (nice song, strong singers)

Australia (good song, great singer)

I'm affraid Israel will be a hit. Really don't like the song, the dance or the performance. Some guy singing on big golden bedroom slippers... But it is rather Eurovison like... So who knows!

Maybe I need a nap before I get watching... :roll:

Edited by Guest

We will be watching here too! I've got gin and tonic (with my frozen lemon slices standing by!) and lots of nibbles to keep us going. I haven't seen any of the semi final programmes and the only song I have heard is the UK one, which I like but as CM says we don't stand a chance of winning!

Love Graham Norton, who would have imagined anyone being able to replace or even better Terry Wogan?!

I've got my Eurovision mug out for the night too :D

Ummm, have just opened a tin of Dulux and will be watching that dry instead :shock::oops::roll: Not really my cup of tea but each to their own 8)

PS How did Australia get into Eurovision or have the tectonic plates shifted :roll::|

Ditto

Will be catching up on the week's newspapers and doing some mending this evening.

Have fun peeps

I liked the Swedish song and the singer was rather easy on the eye too. Our song was slated by European commentators on Twitter which was a bit harsh. I liked both the Austrian and German songs, they didn't deserve no points. The worst one was the depressing little ditty by Hungary.

I only saw bits - ours was by far the best song - and I'm not biased. I dont know why we enter as all the Europeans vote lotsa poins for each other. OH reckons the Iraqi war was when they stopped voting for the UK. So many of them cant sing Polands was awful my cat could've done a better job. Its sooooooo long too. I would need 2 bottles of gin or a crate to see me through.

Reading twitter while watching keeps me thoroughly entertained through the full 4 hours!

But especially the point giving bit is super long...

I think there weren't that many countries that vote politically any more. I mean, Cyprus only gave Greece 8 points and not the 12. And the Greek singer is actually an Cypriot. Belarus gave 12 points to Russia!

I do agree that not the best song wins in the end. It's all about the presentation too. Sweden has a nice song, but it's far from great. The show is what sold it.

I just watched ours on you tube - I think they did well - lots of cheering. Is the girls pregnant or is it just the dress. Its certainly not the worst thing we've ever entered. The days are over where high ranking pop stars enter for the UK. The likes of Ed Sheran, Sam Smith etc are never going to enter and I just dont think they would win. UK should bow out.

I think one of the problems of the big five is that their song is only seen once. The hosting country never does well either, because they are not in the semifinals.

I just watched ours on you tube - I think they did well - lots of cheering. Is the girls pregnant or is it just the dress.

That was what I thought. She was rather stiff on stage too. Turns out she has CF and diabetes. So that's probably it.

Its an unforgiving fashion 20's esp if you arent a stick. I think she gives a positive factor to 2 nasty illnesses and this must encourage youngsters with CF that shes getting on with life. Good on her. She can sing - much better than some - I dont watch the Voice andmuch has been made of the fact she didnt win. So what. I take my hat off to her.