jjmack

Kennels, home boarder, borrow my doggy etc

We're away at oct half term and where we are going we can't take our dog :( so need to sort somewhere for her to stay. Lots of options locally ranging from kennels at £8 per night to £38 a night (inc sofa and TV!!) to home boarding at £22 a night. Then when looking I stumbled across borrow my doggy, has anyone had experience of this online matching service? I would really rather she didn't go to a kennels as she's really nervous and clingy at times, so would rather she was in a family. Tmoney isn't the issue as the kennels that I would consider is about £18 a night and home boarding £22 a night so not a huge amount in it. But if borrow my doggy works then we all win :)

Does anyone have good /bad experiences or things I need to consider, I would be grateful before I book anything in. Thanks you

I don't have a dog, I do know someone who's used this though. They said it took a few goes to meet someone they felt was right, e.g. who would be consistent in the way they were trying to train their puppy. They were using them for occasional daytime care rather than overnight. You have to pay to register with the site I believe, so it shows a degree of commitment, but I don't know if there are any checks, insurance etc.

Family friends have three young children that 'Borrow my doggy' (the same dog) every weekend.

They think its great that they can go to the park, get outdoors and have a dog as they work full time in the week. It suits the owner and dog too as they work weekends, so everyones a winner :D