sparkysmum

Nasty araucana

Pom my lavander araucana is 6 1/2yrs old. She was very pecky as a youngster but thought she had settled down into old age. Last night the pekins went off to bed in the cube with the evil araucana and the others. Actually we were too lazy to put them into the eglu :( This morning only one pekin came out, the other was cowering in the cube nest box having been attacked ny the evil one. She is completely bald, both pekins combs are mangled. Poor little things. They are fine and the vet has ben consulted but what a lesson. A leopard or rather an araucana never changes her spots. The pekins now have most of the garden, walk in run and eglu all to themselves :D I hope they get over the experience before long. Ax

Thanks, mullethunter, we have just hd another look at them. The wee bald one's head looks pretty dreadful but it is all superficial. We have bathed with weak saline solution and put savlon on her wounds. I am sure they will be quite content pottering around he garden well away from the big chooks, once they are all healed up. The wee sablepoot bantam flies around the garden as she pleases so they will have her for company too. Ax