I found that rain was getting in to the nestbox and under the poop trays and it turns out that it is running down the drain holes that are under the roof lid. I contacted Omlet to ask their advice as I know that wet in the nestbox is very bad for chickens but have not had a reply so I temporarily put on the extreme weather jacket.

This solved the problem however not only does it make it harder to do the daily clean, it's also too warm for the jacket. So I contacted a company and had a heavy duty tarpaulin custom made which just covers the roof and doesn't affect the nestbox for egg collection, nor access to the poop trays. It arrived today and I've fixed it on with bungee hooks so I'll wait and see how it goes in the bad weather. I've also gaffer taped the big air vent on the side opposite the nestbox because it's quite a big gap when the wind is up, and there's plenty of ventilation in the coop as I always leave the door open so they can go to bed and get up when they want to. Call me silly but I can't bear to think of my chickens getting cold and damp in their beds!

Damp in a coop is really bad news HG and definitely to be avoided. Good job you spotted it and acted quickly. Sounds like there is a component missing or something, because I've not heard that complaint before? I haven't got a Cube. All but one of our coops are wood, the other being a Solway.

Funny enough.....I have just noticed mine doing the same, a little bit of water collects under the poop trays and I think a little amount in the nest box. I am going to keep an eye out. I will be interested in the response you get from omlet. Would it be possible to PM the name of the company that makes the tarp cover you got too? X

Thanks Hampshire Gardener, I rebuilt my run roof when we moved house so now have an overhang which keeps the worst of the rain off the cube.

I just get so cross with Omlet sometimes as their houses are expensive so we shouldn't have to be securing poop trays against predators, making rain hoods for the houses etc, the pathetic cube ladder that most people hate.

I do love my cube though.

Have to say ... in wet weather there's always water underneath the poop trays ... the ventilation gaps are where it's coming in I guess but not ideal. Just built our walk in run yesterday (poor hubs, he just knew it would happen eventually!) and the Cube is now housed inside so with the roof covered this should help the situation but it's taken a lot of vigilance to ensure no puddles in there ... shame as it's a great product otherwise