Chucky Mama

Just bought a Dyson V6 Cordless

I have been pondering one of these for a while. I have a Sebo, which I love, but that cord really gets in the way.

I also have a Roomba (the one cats sit on!), which is great for keeping the dog hair down to a bare minimum, but I do like using a 'proper' hoover.

I like the way these can be used as a hand held too.

And they looked very impressive in a test on a TV show I saw recently.

£160 off is awesome!

Decided to invest in a cordless Dyson too, & it has just arrived 8)

Its VERY pretty - a lovely metallic blue colour with pink on it too. Can't wait to try it out.

One question for those in the know. As the battery wears down does it get slower & slower, then stop, or does it just stop suddenly?

TBH I can't see myself doing 20 mins of vacuming anyhow :lol:

Mine just stops suddenly.

You only get 20 mins on low power. If you use it on high power (which I normally do) the time is much less.

The theory is that, because you have to keep the button pressed, you only have it working while its vacuuming. In my case, I keep my finger depressed while I'm moving around.

The time is usually enough for me to do the vacuuming I need to do, I don't tend to vac the whole house at once.

Hi Chucky, just wondering how you are getting on with this? Is it any good for stairs? Ax

Love it! It is very handy. I wish the battery lasted a bit longer. It is great for stairs. I am always shocked at how much it picks up, I must have a very dirty house! It is so convenient to use. I have not used my cylinder cleaner since I bought it.

Hi Chucky, just wondering how you are getting on with this? Is it any good for stairs? Ax

Love it! It is very handy. I wish the battery lasted a bit longer. It is great for stairs. I am always shocked at how much it picks up, I must have a very dirty house! It is so convenient to use. I have not used my cylinder cleaner since I bought it.

I must say I totally agree - I love my new Dyson & it is so handy that it turns hand held too :D

My much loved Sebo has gone to live with the daughter in her new flat.