GrannyTrish

Much excitement!

Since we said goodbye to our last piggy earlier this year the house hasn't been the same and we've really missed hearing the wheeks and getting cuddles. I've been hounding the Animal Rescues looking for three female piggies but there are hardly any boys never mind girls (which is great in that piggies aren't being abandoned). I was getting so desperate I was starting to consider getting boys again (they're more likely to fight). Then on Monday, I got a message from a Rescue saying that she'd been approached to take in four females but that she didn't have room for them and if I wanted them she'd take them for a couple of days to check them over before we took them.

I thought I should consult DH first so that he thought he had a choice in the matter of how many we got :whistle: and after giving him a couple of hours to think about it he agreed ;-). The Rescue is getting them today and we should be able to collect them on Friday :dance:. They're being given up because the lady has a new baby and she doesn't have time for the piggies with a toddler and baby.

I'll post pictures as soon as I can! Squeeeeeeee! :dance::dance::dance:

• Like 1

I'll know more when I collect them tomorrow but I would imagine if they'd been really neglected the Rescue would report them? At least the woman had the sense to give them up rather than keep them and they die of starvation! Yes, they'll get lots of treats once they come home, along with plenty of cuddles.

Here they are! Really underweight for piggies who should weigh around 1000gms but the heaviest is 870 and the lightest is only 670! :( Their hair is thin and dull so it looks like they didn't get any fresh veggies. They're very skittish, and while being prey animals are normally wary, I doubt they've been handled/cuddled much. The one is the worst condition is the feistiest though, which is good, and she seems to be the matriarch of the wee herd.

From front to back - Piper, Shadow, Clova, Coco

DSC_0520.JPG

• Like 1

They're adorable and I can see wee bits of their characters already. Coco, the one at the back, is quiet and sits on my lap looking at me. Shadow is the smallest and very timid. Clova is the most skittish, and Piper loves to explore (from my lap up onto my shoulder and around my neck!). I can't keep their food dishes full they're so hungry! They're gradually being introduced to fresh greens as I don't want their tummies to get upset.

My heart is full of joy at having piggies back in the house.

• Like 2

They're getting on great, thanks. They've put on around 100g each in a week which is great, and they're now relaxed when we have them on our laps. Just waiting for their coats to get a shine and then I'll know they're as healthy as can be, but I can't expect miracles in a week!

Just loving the piggie updates.

I'm so glad they got to live with you Granny Trish.

About a month after our dog died, hubby let me have 2 girl piggies to live indoors but sadly after just 24 hours I had to take them back because they made hubby so ill :sad:  I do miss having some piggies.

Please keep putting on piggie photos :grin:

• Thanks 1

Aww, thanks. Were you not tempted to get rid of hubby instead?! :lol:

Here are some photos. You can't really make out the wee dark one as she kept moving! I'm not sure if their names will be included with the pics so the first one is Clova, then Coco, Piper and Shadow. Piper was in the worst condition as her hair was very thin but it's improving slowly.  We think that Coco has had her hair cut as it looks really choppy at the sides (a bit like her head) so I'm looking forward to seeing how she develops. I'll give them another treatment for lice tomorrow just to be sure, although there's no sign of them now.

Clova.JPG

Coco.JPG

Piper.JPG

Shadow.JPG

• Haha 1