Hi guys! I went to open the coop this morning and I saw a little head pop out from broody girl Pika :) was I ok to open the coop up if they’re now hatching? Also do I put some food and water inside the coop with them now? Finally the big question, do I leave the egg shells where they are, I doubt all chicks have hatched just yet so don’t want to disturb her at all but wondering about the shells getting in the way! Thanks 🙏 

You can leave the shells there for now. The chicks will be fine for a bit without food as they will absorb the yolks, their mum will need sustenance though. She should sit until the last viable egg has hatched

Have the chick crumbs in a shallow feeder at first and put some stones or marbles in their drinker so they can't get in it and drown

• Thanks 1

Agree with DM, leave her be for the remaining chicks to hatch and I would check on her when it's dark this evening. The mom can have chick crumb as well as the babies but we also used to soak corn in water and place it in a coop cup higher up for her to eat ...she may take some out and put it on the floor for the babies though :lol: 

• Thanks 1