Luvachicken

Frozen shoulder part 2

I've already had one frozen shoulder on the left which needed an operation and now I have a frozen shoulder on my right - which also needs operating on :-(

I'm quite excited about having it done because I know it will take the pain away even though it is painful to start with after the operation.

I can't quite remember what the consultant said but apparently as I grew up I either had too much bone on my shoulders or not enough and so, at some point I was bound to get 2 frozen shoulders.

Thank goodness for clever surgeons, although it's a shame I won't get any time off as it will be the summer holidays for me :wink: 

Sorry that you need the op but glad you'll get your shoulder sorted. My husband had a frozen shoulder and tried months and months of physio and stuff but eventually went for an operation and all the pain stopped pretty quickly. If there's anyone wondering whether to go for it there's at least two of you who would say yes. 

Oh Luvachicken that’s horrid. OH had a frozen shoulder last year, but after 9 months of painful exercises it finally seems to be getting back to normal. I know something about what you’re going through and I’m sorry to hear you’ve got to have it operated on but glad it’ll be sorted.

Thank you everyone :grin:

I must admit it is one of the worst things I've ever had.

The consultant said that often the steroid injections only take the pain away and don't fix the problem and I know from having 2 last time that they didn't work.

At least this time I have managed to bypass the physio and acupuncture which didn't help last time either.

He said I did a very good diagnosis of my own frozen shoulder.

It can take up to 18 months to sort itself on its own and I really can't deal with that amount of pain.

I hope both your hubbies arms stay well.

• Like 1

On 19/07/2018 at 11:59 PM, Valkyrie said:

I hope the op was a success and that you are recovering really well Luvvie - sorry, I'm a bit late in the postings!  You'll be at Wimbledon next year!  

Thank you for your wishes but I haven't had it yet Valkyrie :grin:

It's on Tuesday 24 July, sometime after 12pm.

:doh:Doh!  Ahaaaa well ditto to what I said for next week!:lol:

If the weather holds then you'll be able to relax in the sunshine (apart from 11 to 3 sit under a tree - and then some - I was burning earlier than that and in the evening too), er, make that relax in the shade!