Patricia W

Is it me??

Help!  I keep getting locked out!  It first happened about 3 weeks ago and it’s taken me till today to sort out a new password and sign in again.  But, every time I log off, I’m locked out again, and have to sign back in.  Which is a nuisance....  Is it just me??? Anyone got a solution?  I’m using an iPad mostly if that helps. 

I'm not having this problem, but do you have your web browser set up to delete all cookies every month or so? That might explain it: if it's deleting the Omlet login cookie, then it probably forgets the password along with it. Just a suggestion based on what little I understand of modern technology! 

Funny you should say that - got locked out yesterday.  I had to put my password in again as the "memory" forgot it - and I thought I was going loopy!  Same thing happened this evening except I put in my password that Barbara gave me years ago and it worked fine, I don't know whether the server is misbehaving or my new phone "synced" whether I liked it or not.  All I wanted to do was upload photos - never synced it before.  But since that happened, I've gone into google settings and unsynced it.  It affected Youtube and all sorts!  Most annoying is that I was working through some jigsaw puzzles that have "solved" marked on them - all 35 pages and I was working backwards, got on page 9 and none are marked.  Gave up and had a hissy fit!

Google and Facebook both sent emails to make sure I was logging on and not someone else because they deemed it "suspicious activity".

I just got straight in so maybe it’s sorted.  I did go into settings to try and fix it but not sure what worked or if it was just a glitch.  I think you might be right Andy Roo about the cause.  Time will tell... 

it was very frustrating.  Just like looking through a window at a party, seeing everyone having fun, and no one hearing me banging on the window!  

• Haha 1

Blooming Google keeps signing me out, very frustrating when ordering some quilty goodness and I suddenly lose the link and have to sign into Chrome and my accounts (not banking ones, but sort of membership things) and then hello, click on link from email to read Omlet postings and I have to sign in yet again to that too!  ARGHHHH!  I can only think it has something to do with my new phone.  GRRRRR big time again!

So many good things come to an end Soapy.  On the other hand it's nice that you can purchase something from the opposite end of the country without driving up there - and see what you want to buy online.  That's if you can get the blooming internet working!  We may just end up doing that - and the Sears Catalogue will make a comeback!  Sometimes I think the internet is more of a curse than a good thing!

If I'm buying via the internet then I try and see if there is a contact number and then use that so that I get the best of both worlds and a bit of human contact. Turning the whole thing on it's head, I feel for people who work in places where that are just taking orders online, sending them out and not having contact with their customers. Still, we all need to place online orders from time to time, especially when businesses are closed. Being in a rural location makes it harder too.......for example we are only about 12 miles from the centre of Oxford but getting in there takes sooooo much time and hassle.

My mobile phone is useless here.  Our land line is marginally better - except for the white noise that kicks in halfway through a conversation - then both myself and the person the other end go ARGHHH! as we are deafened!  LOL!  Then I either have to ring back or if it's mum, she rings my mobile and I can't get through!  The joys of being in the middle of nowhere! Hahaha!  Internet is also sporadic - we have Netflix and Amazon Prime on the TV and we can't watch it sometimes - or it cuts out during a film.  Broadband is dreadful and no sign of a fast let alone superfast broadband arriving anywhere in the future.  OH paid extra for BT improved service because of his work - but it really isn't that good either!  Some days are better than others though.