chickenlover

HOW DO I SHUT HIM UP?????

I have a cockral, hes about 21 weeks old and has started crowing...the thing is he doesnt do it too early in the morning, but i have these pain in the "Ooops, word censored!" neighbours ,and when he starts he does it constantly, about every hour for the rest of the day about 3/4 times each time, is there anyway i can stop him from doing this or maybe just stop him from doing it so much. im hoping that because hes only just stared in last week or so hes just excited that he can do this and will get bored after a while? I wouldnt mind but she seems to think its ok for her dog to bark constantly while shes at work :evil:

:shock: Whilst I'd support anyone keeping hens in an urban setting, I do think a cockeral is a very different matter.

I would only consider having a cockeral in a rural area where they are more expected and there may be a distance between houses.

Anyone who complains about a cockeral in a town centre has a good point, Chickenlover!

It will most likely crow regularly throughout the day, starting at dawn.

That's what cockerals do!

it really annoys me when people leave their dogs in their back garden all day (and night sometimes) and they bark constantly- we have a few near us, don't notice it as much since we got the new dble glazing but if I could borrow someone's cokerel just to show em, I ruddy would!

hey, maybe that's a gap in the market? 'rent a cockerel' :lol:

it really annoys me when people leave their dogs in their back garden all day (and night sometimes) and they bark constantly- we have a few near us, don't notice it as much since we got the new dble glazing but if I could borrow someone's cokerel just to show em, I ruddy would!

hey, maybe that's a gap in the market? 'rent a cockerel' :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

It is just what cockerels do!

As Sheila says, more acceptable in a rural environment.

You can't stop a cockerel crowing throughout the day - the only thing you can do is to stop it from crowing too early in the morning by keeping it in a smaller space overnight, in complete darkness but with good ventilation. You can construct a box to go in a cupboard under the stairs or in a garage, but you do have to be really careful about the ventilation or the cockerel could overheat.

There will be more info. in the Practical Poultry forum about this - Sunnyside over there has made a box for hers.

We have 7 crowing all day at the moment - perhaps we should go into the 'Rent a Cockerel' business :lol:

I am 99.9% sure Tallulah is a boy :(

Still can't find the cable for the camera so I can post a pic for opinions.

She/he is about 4 1/2 months old. every morning I am a bag of nerves incase she/he starts to crow. Or crows whilst I am at work.

I will be contacting the breeder this week to see if Tallulah can be returned. He seemed like a decent chap, and I did say that I couldn't have any boys as I have lots of neighbours. If the breeder will not take him/her back I don't know what I will do.

Can't believe I have a boy named Tallulah and a girl named Jeremy :lol:

i spoke to all my neighbours the other day and each of them said they didnt have a problem with him, infact they said it was nice to hear something apart from a dog barking, the funny thing was that i only got to speak to them because they all came out to see why i had had the police at my door...one of my neighbours a few doors down had told the police that my kids had destroyed her empty neighbours garden wall, it turns out they didnt, it was someone else, but she just cant leave us alone, everytime something gets broke in her garden she phones the police on us and never once has it turned out to be us!! The really funny thing was that while the police were here i thought id ask them if she had complained about my cockral (as she would have every right to do this because he is annoying!) but she hadnt even mentioned him, so i have come to the conclution that she is just nitpicking and unless anyone complains to me personally or via the police IM KEEPING HIM