Lesley

Sandwich Problem

I bought a Boots sandwich last week and found what appears to be a cocktail stick in it :? It felt like a large fish bone in my mouth :(

I've hung on to it and not written a letter because of the postal strike - the strike shows no signs of finishing around here - should I email?

2007_1009Misc0001.jpg

I would take it back to a store if you can (I now it might be a bit of trek but at least they can see the evidence).

I had a similar problem with a quiche from Waitrose - there was a big lump of grit in it. OH thought he had broken a tooth! I forgot to take it to town for a few days and it was a bit whiffy when they were eventually presented with it!

They gave me a replacement quiche straight away and said they had to send it off for 'analysis'. Within a couple of weeks I was sent a letter of apology and - wait for it - £20 worth of vouchers.

I actually wasn't freaked out by it but was glad that Layla or another child had not had that particular slice. I just wanted to bring it to their attention really.

Personally, I wouldn't email but send a letter - & send it by signed for mail.

It might take a few days longer to get there at the moment, but a letter has much more impact than an email.

Photograph the socktail stick & include a copy with the letter. You don't need to return it to the store, in fact add in the letter that you couldn't as it was out of your way. Keep the packet,though.

I have complained about loads of things & have found that a letter is the way to go.

Even if you have sent an email,a follow-up letter will not harm :D

I haven't emailed yet - I agree with Sarah, I think a signed for letter might be better. I've always got the photos if they don't do anything about it.

It would be out of my way to take it back today - parking in Stratford is a nightmare as well.

I'll send a letter - hopefully, it will arrive some time this year :roll:

Thank you all for your replies.

I have just had to complain to LUSH, which I didn't want to do as they are one of my most favourite shops.

But they sent a parcel with all my Christmassy bits & pieces to put in peoples hampers, & it was really badly packed. The bombs & bubble slices were not wrapped & labelled, so I can't give them like that, & they had all got bit of each other all over them- mostly glitter.

They all also smelt like each other :roll:

They were packed in popcorn of all things.

Looked great, composts well, but doesn't actually protect that well.

So I phoned, had a chat & they are resending the parcel, & I have £50 of Lush goodies to keep (they don't want them back)

I will be fragrant for weeks to come 8):P

I bought some baby food from Boots for Abi, many moons ago, which was out of date. I wrote and complained and received £20 of vouchers which was most welcome with a new baby to buy for.

I used to work at Next and learnt that any complaint to Head Office always results in vouchers being given out as they just can't afford the bad publicity. Always complain, you never know what you might get :lol:

Seriously, it does companies good to know that their customers expect the best and they would be grateful to know so that they can prevent it happening again.

I once complained about poor service and cold food at a Pizza Express restaurant and got a voucher for a free meal. :D

We just got shrugged shoulders :roll: - but we've never been back.... and we tell everyone we know :D

Stratford Pizza Express that is - Ely Street - Stratford upon Avon....... don't bother going :D