Luvachicken

Help needed to find specific dressing up clothes please.

The school I work at is having a 50th birthday party the week after next.

We can wear anything we like from the last 5 decades.

I am terrible at decisions at the best of times but have decided to maybe try and find a Showaddywaddy T shirt. ( I can't find a nice one any where ) 

I hate dressing up and don't really want to spend much money.

My sister suggested M&S and I looked on the internet at their stuff, and although new, a lot of it was pretty fuddy duddy but it was expensive.

I know charity shops are probably the answer but I don't what to look for. 

I also don't want to buy the usual stuff from Amazon - I have an Egyptian outfit from there and it is the most clingy, horrible material ever.

What would you choose ?

Jeans on jeans on jeans? And say I’m from the 2000’s. Or maybe a Christmas jumper, as it has been 50 years of Christmasses too!

Or.... if you want to be absolutely original: go in the clothes you wore the day before as this year is also from the past 5 decades! 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cat tails said:

Jeans on jeans on jeans? And say I’m from the 2000’s. Or maybe a Christmas jumper, as it has been 50 years of Christmasses too!

Or.... if you want to be absolutely original: go in the clothes you wore the day before as this year is also from the past 5 decades! 😂

Yes, I guess you are not even old enough to know about Showaddywaddy :lol:

They were one of my favourite childhood bands.

42 minutes ago, Cat tails said:

Print your own groupie shirt at a clothes printshop? You must be able to find a high resolution photo online somewhere. 

Had thought of that but hadn't got round to popping into town.

Might do that tomorrow if it isn't raining too much.

38 minutes ago, soapdragon said:

Try sewing some tartan around the bottoms old jeans, plain t shirt and tartan scarf round the wrist - yup, I was a Bay City Rollers fan back in the day!

Thanks for that, I did think of Bay City Rollers.

I've ordered a Wombles t shirt instead - at least I can make use of that in the garden.

• Like 1

My Womble t-shirt arrived yesterday - and very good it looks too (hubby bought it for me)

All ready for our party next week.

The children all made posters of a decade that they chose. Some of their work is amazing especially when they are only 10.

I didn't spot any Wombles though :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mullethunter said:

Luvachicken. You cannot say that and not present a picture of yourself in said T-shirt.

47 minutes ago, Cat tails said:

Hahaha I think I have to agree! 😂

Hmmm, maybe, but it is not party day yet :lol:

My Mum made us our own Wombles with their own bags so we are going to pick him up at the weekend and he can come to school with me.

I've just been listening to some Womble songs - just such a wonderful childhood reminder. 

• Like 3