Alis girls

Jeremy Clarkson's Farm Amazon Prime

I've been watching it too.

It is very funny, even if some of it is staged.

I love how he puts ing on the end of everything - sheeping, tractoring and shopping (for his shop)

I haven't seen the rest yet.

It's nice that he can play at being a farmer rather than face the realities that real farmers have to deal with on a daily basis. 

We have really enjoyed it and binge watched! Caleb is brilliant with Jeremy and so wise beyond his years and, as for Gerald, I'm sure he'd be fascinating too if only I could understand him! I agree about the money side of things but it does highlight that farmers are doing a tough job in difficult times and I think Jeremy deals with that well.....esp the bit where he realises that his sheep are loss making and that £141 is all he would have made for the year - hope that makes people think. 

3 hours ago, soapdragon said:

hope that makes people think. 

I agree with this. My OH has a real chip on his shoulder about farmers and always says ‘you never see a poor farmer’. But some of my mums family were tenant farmers so I’ve seen first hand exactly what it’s like. They don’t own their property, hence why a lot of them never retire and definitely are not well off. I think the reason you never see a poor farmer is because you literally never see them - they’re always working!

• Like 2