xChicken04x

Setting up a website....

Hiya, I was just wondering how you set up your own website? I would like to be able to sell things on the website, so I can get my self some nice things every now and again.

Do you have to have a lisence though?

I would like to start off selling hand crafted things and then move on to bigger things to make more of a profit. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could sell? I cant knit though, well I can sort of.......but not very well.

Thank you for any help!

xx

no you don't have to have a license, I do poetry greetings cards and sell them via local shops.

What do you do well/ what are your talents and I'll see if I can make any suggestions? (mine is poetry, apparently, hence the cards!) :)

I've had one idea already, make chicken shaped things.

I bought a doormat today just because it had chickens on it. Us chicken nuts would probably be your captive market ;)

Put your web address in your signature or your profile and take it from there. Perhaps start out with chicen shaped soap, something relatively simple??? Or if you're handy with a sewing machine, chicken oven mitts for example?

you can google for free web space or, if you have an internet service provider and they've given you some web space then you can make your own web site. I made mine by using a web editor (frontpage express) and I also have a small knowledge of HTML which helps. Not as difficult as it sounds, just requires some studying time and a desire to learn :) You could always ask at your local library, they might be able to help or point you in the direction of someone that might be able to help you set up your site for nothing.

I have no idea how to make soap but again, a google would probably help or a visit to your local craft/hobby shop maybe?

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, it's so rewarding making money out of somthing you've created from scratch, a real buzz! :)

Oh, just had another idea for you, take pottery classes and make bowls for people to put their eggs in! Hand paint them with chicken designs, or is that a bit adventurous?

I find I'm always looking for things to put our eggs in, bet I'm not the only one! ;)

little acorns and all that ;)

see you on Dragons' Den!

I have a brilliant idea for your business name 'Clucking Good!' Do you remember on 'Tycoon' they called their business 'Sod the Garden'? It will get people's attention ;)

xx

I hadn't a clue how to set up a website, but was very fortunate to come across this very simple tutorial: http://www.mytinyplot.co.uk/?page_id=190 (I think the owner posts on here as well). I use a blog to load pictures and text and had it redirected to my own web name (the tutorial explains it all very well!) Then I managed to put a link to it in my signature - Recycled Bags. Good luck with your ideas! :D

I have used a great site called Mr.Site to create my website - which gives you the ability to have a shop plus you get your own web domain and email accounts - so for example anything@one-man-banned.co.uk would reach my inbox

have a look Here to see what you think.

You don't need to be a whizz at the pc as you can create it all in WYSIWYG formats if not a dab hand at HTML - feel free to have a look at my website http://www.one-man-banned.co.uk

Its a very easy way to create a professional looking website - I can't recommend them enough :D

A

xx

I don't have any advice on how to make easily I'm a bit of an expert when it comes to making sites but I use the more tricky stuff.

Just one word of warning if you use any version of Frontpage you may find some features don't work when you upload as you need a provider that supports front page extentions and they usually charge more for that.

Paypal checkouts are easy to set up following the instructions on the paypal site.