Rachy

Petition

Which are better wooden chickens houses or eglus  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which are better wooden chickens houses or eglus

• Eglu
    • Wooden chicken houses

Sonja, there's a topic here which explains how to use the gallery and add photos.

I've tried to e-mail you about your log in problems but my replies keep bouncing back so I've sent you a PM instead. Have a look at the top of the page under the Omlet bar and you should see that it says "You have 1 new message". If you click on that, then click on the message, you can read how to sort out the log in problems.

Good luck! Let me know if you need any help with the forum.

:oops:

Nicola, have sent a photo to James since he requested one for the egluowner of the week. Did not know he put it in the galery. View under Sonja's chickens,

:oops::oops:

Double uups Kate, can you errase my album that I put in the galery since it shows exactly the same picture. Sorry again did not now that my ladies are in it already.

Also thanks to your advice I am able to join in without trouble. but to be honest hubby had to help :oops::wink:

Did receive personal e-mail though.

And as for meeting in Geneva, I am certainly up for it. Please post interest and will sort somthing out.

Thanks again

Sonja

(white chicken) oh help again, I can only add one more Emotiocons and then the system wount let me in again :evil: cant get your cool pictures under your usernames either.

8)

Hello all

Thanks Kate for the replyi am just trying to solve the avater problem. I am very happy people find my chicks so cute. Any advice ho jow to have them lay some eggs would be welcome.

:oops:

Ok okI know it is winter but still.....

Does the old golf ball method work?

Sonja

(green eglu)

gwendolyn, henrietta & victoria

no eggs so far

:D

Hello Nicola,

Look Kate sorted my avatar out. Finally I have my own picture.

I do think my chooks are purebread. So spring will tell.

Any idea if the golfball method could work though. An expert told me that would entice the hens to lay an egg if you put one in their nest. A rooster (lent one) apparently does the trick as well. Any comments on this ?

Regards

Not sure if it worked for me or not. About two weeks before Christmas I put a golf ball in the egg tray and left it there. It was either that or the threats that if there were no eggs by Christmas, the chooks were dinner.... but we got our first egg on Christmas Day.

Our white star eggs are between 45 and 54g. It used to be quite good because all of the girls layed at different times, so we could just pop out and get each egg shortly after it arrived - perfect (not that we were watching or anything... :roll:). But now they seem to have synchronized to be within minutes of each other. Hence we now get three eggs in quick succession covered in mud and poo where they've been stood on. :? Our Ranger's eggs are about 50g, but once a week she lays a double-yolk - usually 80g. :shock:

:shock::D

Tom (similar to a pepperpot) usually lays eggs between 75 and 80, Barbara (similar to a gingerntu) is between 65 and 75. Jerry an amberstar(when she used to lay) was 55 to 65. Margot doesnt lower herself to laying eggs much, and if they are they tend to be 45 to 55 :roll:

Cant believe I know the weights and shapes of the girls eggs :roll:

I'm waiting to put up some mud bath pictures of my white chickens, they're really funny. They got in the box together (ahh), but abandoned their bath when I came out to take pictures and they were filthy! They looked dirty in the snow too and not at all white.

No egg white or not... :cry:

Showed them a brown egg yesterday to show them what they should be working on, course they weren't at all interested. :roll: