chickenlass

What a plonker............

I really should have know better than to do this...

Hubby and I always like to have scrambled egg with a little smoked salmon on Christmas morning as a treat [don't have much time for breakfast usually]

Well my three girls eggs are in such demand that I have been giving them to people as Christmas pressies over the last few days.

Yesterday I took my last but one eggs down to my parents thinking that there would be more yesterday when I got home and again this morning .

Guess what !! :shock: No EGGS!! I have just been out to ask them nicely to please lay at least one more for me but they are too busy feeding their faces. :roll:

Looks as if it will be only a very very small breakfast tomorrow

like to have scrambled egg with a little smoked salmon on Christmas morning as a treat

Can I ask how you serve this? We've had it a few times and always cut the salmon up and mix it into the scrambled egg but I'm beginning to wonder if they wouldn't be better served separately?

Have just put the champagne in the fridge :-)

Rob

I like the scrambled egg quite "sloppy" Rob.

I make sure the plates are warm and then put a portion of the egg on the plate in the centre with some softly rolled or folded slices of the salmon placed on top.

Serve with toast or Brioche..

Jules Glad all your eggs go to good homes. I know they are all special. :D

I like the scrambled egg quite "sloppy" Rob.

I make sure the plates are warm and then put a portion of the egg on the plate in the centre with some softly rolled or folded slices of the salmon placed on top.

Sounds yummy! So, just to double check, you don't cook your salmon at all (I know there's no need to)?

Rob

Snap, scrambled egg, salmon and croissants here tomorrow morning :wink: . My eggs aren't great though, organic from my local farm shop so good, but I really miss having my own eggs :( . I'll enjoy my brekkie though, and I don't cook my salmon either, lightly scrambled eggs, still a bit runny and cold salmon, just the ticket in my opinion :D:D:D

Now I'm in a dilemma! I normally do the same as Andrew - drop the salmon pieces into the scrambled eggs but am tempted by the uncooked plan (I do like smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels).

I nearly gave some eggs away today and then remembered about tomorrow morning so hurriedly put the lid back on Ethel!

Rob

I shall be having that sometime today. Our girls are laying very sporadically at the moment - KateA, I was hoping to give you some eggs last Friday but they let me down :?

I use smoked trout from the Farmers' Market - and I prefer mine cut into pieces and slightly cooked by the hot egg.