Ziggy

On cube waiting list...

Exciting thoughts... I spoke to a very lovely person at Omlet today, and after discussing a few of my concerns with her, I have put my name down on the waiting list for a cube (trying to get a 'ex-display' model or something like that)...

I love our eglu, but with extremely regular visits from foxes the chooks don't get to free-range much, and I'd like a little more space for them, which I feel the cube would provide... also we could get another couple of chooks at the same time, and still they'd all have a bit more space to run around than they do now...

I really love the thought of having some more chooks... and have been tempted by the cube for quite a while...

Yes, I read somewhere that the run is hard to get into and clean. However, when I spoke to a nice person on the phone at Omlet, she explained that, there are levers which activate the wheels and slighlty lift up the run. So, the whole thing can be moved while the run area is cleaned. Mine arrives next week.

Hi - just thought I'd add that my new Cube does not appear to have a water leaking in problem - the nesting box is dry (apart from the chicken poo etc that collects in there as the ladies like to sleep in there all huddled up!)

The only thing I find a little annoying is the size of the run door - if only it could be a little taller..... I find it hard to get the super glug in at the right height (for the chooks to use the water nipples). The fact that you can jack it up on wheels is great ..... though try and make sure there are no loose hens in the run whilst you're wheeling it around!!

Enjoy!

You won't regret it, Ziggy. The Cube is much easier to clean and move than the Eglu, and my girls prefer it too and have decided that they will only use the Eglu for laying in now. All 16 of them ( 6 bantams and 10 medium sized girls ) sleep in or on top of the Cube!