Happymama

Right Girls - Hair washing and not doing it with shampoo

Hi everyone

I've been reading this post with great interest - it's taken a while (had to miss out the middle 30 or so!)

I've been sans shampoo for about 3 weeks and am determined to keep at it.

My hair's sometimes bushy, sometimes frizzy sometimes a bit of both :( . I used to wash it as little as possible (once a week max or less if I could get away with it) as it would be horrible for a couple of days before it settled down (straighteners are brilliant for the bad hair days - why didn't they invent them when I was a teenager - think Crystaltips :lol: )

So far I've been using hot water once a week and have tried the bicarb once and vinegar once.

How much vinegar do you use? I used half a small jugful then read that someone used a teaspoonful :? . Made the mistake of opening my eyes mid-wash - aarrgh!

Good luck Vikki I was Crystal tips as a teenager too but I have never succumbed to the straighteners I just keep reminding mysef how much damage that heat will be doing and also that people with straight hair seem to spend alot of money getting it permed :lol:

The shampoo free seems to suit my messy hair so fingers crossed for you :wink:

8) Congratulations, Vicki! That's both on being 3 weeks into the project, and also reading most of the topic. :lol:

I've seen Louise's hair at approx 6 months & then 18 mths this summer. It looks terriffic, and is a great example of how your hair might benefit.

Good luck with it and do keep us updated.

Pengy, I think it's great for James, or even using shampoo less frequently. :D