Guest Johannes

Postcard Portrait Instructions

There is information on this in the Memorabilia thread but to clarify...we are going to print a commemorative tea towell of the forum going over 1000 members but we need your help. The idea is anyone who wants to be included can send us a postcard with their selfportrait drawn on the lefthand side. The teatowell will be printed in single colour so no need to do anymore than a line drawing preferably in black and white which we can scan in.

Please send postcards as soon as possible to

1000 Forum Members

Omlet

Tuthill Park

Wardington

Oxfordshire

OX17 1RR

please include your name under your portrait and it may include your chickens and other family members. Don't be shy, its not a drawing competition and the more unique the portrait the better!

Could you try and get postcards to us by April 14th? I think what we can do this as a rolling idea and as new members join they can do their portrait and send it in. Then as soon as we have filled another teatowell we will print it. Sound good?

April 14th :shock: That doesn't give us long to perfect the picture does it? I expect Omlet will be wanting to sell us the tea-towels at the Summer Get-together/Barn Dance!

:oops::oops::oops::oops: I couldn't draw to save my life. I'd be tempted to draw a Lowry-esque matchstick person, but I've put on an immovable 1/2 stone since Christmas, and you've never seen anything less like a matchstick than me :roll: I might have a go though.... can I have an honorary beak & feathers do you think :roll:

I didn't know that they tested Art for SATs :? Son's got his SATs in May but only English, Maths & Science. Probably a good thing.... he's predicted good grades in those subjects...... art'd probably earn him a 2 :shock: He's no artist isn't my boy.

His sister's doing Science SAT' too BTW, but she's taking that a year early so that she get statrted on her Science GCSE in year 9 :D

Mines done.

I had to stuff it in an envelope quick to stop myself from tweaking it all the time :roll:

I went the cutesy "bless this chick" route,rather than a more realistic picture,but still seem to have Leslie Ashes lips,Marty Feldmans eyes & Fatima Whitbreds jaw :?

And isn't curly hair a nightmare to draw....It looks like Ronald McDonalds wig :shock: