Our cube and girls arrive this Friday and the area that we converted for them at the bottom of the garden is now ready.

We moved and cut the trellis panels, Hubby laid the slabs and made the gate and the dog has been assisting with the log and branches that we dragged back from the woods to put in the run.

We are really pleased with it.

PICT0007-S-full.JPG

PICT0008-S-full.JPG

PICT0011-S-full.JPG

PICT0012-S-full.JPG

:) :)

Wow Nutmeg,... you've done well! wish I could prepare this well, I've been out of action with a shoulder injury so can't do anything for ages! Guess my cube will have to sit on grass till I can sort!

This looks really great .. what lucky girls you will have. :D

It looks lovely - I never tire of looking at photos of other people's chooky set up.

I can't see if there is wire mesh on the inside of the trellis and gate - if a chook can put her head out, a fox or cat can bite it off - I know it sounds unlikely but it has happened to the hens belonging to a few people on the forum.

Thank you for all your lovely replies.

Egg Lou - Hope your shoulder will soon be better and you will be able to prepare your area. It is fun to do.

hilda-and-evadne - Good point about the chicken wire, we were only planning to let them out of their run when we are around, but I had not thought of that, thank you. Hubby is going to put some wire around tomorrow.

Had our call from Omlet today, we are booked in for 11am tomorrow :D:D:D

Nutmeg

You must be so excited! do post some more photos once all set up.. can't wait to see it as looking forward to mine so much but feels like ages to go :cry:

I'm off to a breeder on Saturday to have a look at what hybrids they offer, health etc..

Need lots of pics of yours once you have your girls!

Enjoy tomorrow..

Lou