One Man Banned

Should I say anything........???

I got home from work today and went to say hello to all the girls as usual.

My neighbours are having their garage turned into a room so I was a bit shocked to find cement all over the Eglu. I'm even more concerned as the Eglu is under a tree yet the cement was all over it - but not the tree.

I'm thinking that the builders have thrown it over deliberately but obviously have no proof as I wasn't in when it happened.

Thankfully I've been out with a scrubbing brush and washed it off and it doesn't seem to have had any ill effects to the Eglu.

So, should I have a word with said neighbour about it or wait to see if (and I so hope not) that it happens again.

And what if the girls have pecked at it - I doubt it would do them any good.

I feel really torn with what to do at the minute. Any thoughts?

A

xx

You may feel loyality towards your neighbour,

Wouldn't say I was very loyal to him, we hardly know them and we've been here four years, (don't even know their names :?) and the most we've spoken was when our fence got blown over with the wind last year and was left resting on the tree. He wondered when we were getting it fixed as he looks at it from his living room window :roll:

Happy days eh?

A

xx

Cement os horribly corrosive,so if you hadn't cleaned it of it may have damaged the plasitc.

Could also burn the hens feet if they got near it :?

Andrew,I think it needs to be mentioned,but maybe you should wait & see if it happens again.

To happen once might have been a mishap of some sort - twice would be very deliberate & needs to be dealt with :)

the most we've spoken was when our fence got blown over with the wind last year and was left resting on the tree. He wondered when we were getting it fixed as he looks at it from his living room window :roll:

Happy days eh?

A

xx

Well in view of his not wanted his view spoilt then I would think he may well be more understanding than you think...he obviously wouldn't want some cement splattered over anything belonging to him. ...I think I would be brave and mentioniut to him after all as someone has said he could be totally unaware of what has happened. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

I would metion it, but it may have just drifted over.

We had a similar thing yesterday as the builders at the bottom of our hill decided to have the house sandblasted. Apart from the noise for 8 hrs, last night I had to wash down the cube, change the water & feed, hose down the aubiose, the dust was everywhere. I was not happy. He did shout up and apologise but that was at the end of the day. If he had only had the decency to pop up first thing and say they were going to do it, the outcome would of been the same but at least I would not have been so annoyed about it.

Yep, I would take him some eggs, and mention it - it could've just been blown by the wind, but all the same am sure if you're nice about it he'd not be offended or anything. If the builders did that deliberately then it's probably best he knows about it so he can keep an eye on them - that kind of shoddy practice would worry me if I were him

Thanks for the advice.

I haven't uploaded the pics I took yesterday of the mess from yesterday but at least it didn't damage it when I cleaned it off.

Will probably have a word with him tonight, but in any case I have set up one of my spare laptops with a good webcam, downloaded motion activated camera software and left that watching the garden today from my bedroom windowsill to see if anything happens today - at least I'll have photographic proof if anything happens :D

A

xx