Laura & CTB Posted July 2, 2008 Share Posted July 2, 2008 Have been counting eggs since day one on November 29th 2006 and today was 1000th egg day from my two gorgeous girls. Am now going to stop counting Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
..lay a little egg for me Posted July 2, 2008 Share Posted July 2, 2008 Wow! Think what that lot would have cost to buy in a supermarket!! About £300 I reckon! Well done girls! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Helen&Lee Posted July 2, 2008 Share Posted July 2, 2008 So they've nearly paid for the cost of the eglu - the next 1000 can be for everything else we buy for them.! It's a good thing we all love having chooks - they'd never be classed as a sound investment financially would they. Helen *Now wishing she too had kept count so far* Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Keanie Bean Posted July 2, 2008 Share Posted July 2, 2008 Wow, well done to your girls. I stopped counting when I got to about 50. 1000 eggs is fab. Sarah.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Milly Posted July 2, 2008 Share Posted July 2, 2008 I'm impressed - both with the number of eggs and the fact that you kept counting! I keep thinking I would like to know how many mine have laid (I have the egg tally that was on here, but it doesn't add up the numbers, which is a pity). Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AJuff Posted July 2, 2008 Share Posted July 2, 2008 I gave up with egg tally after a few months as I kept forgetting to fill it in and then the eggs were eaten . . . . . It was hard to break with it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted July 2, 2008 Share Posted July 2, 2008 Congratulations on 1000 eggs. I'm only up to 137 I keep count and weigh them...although we did go on holiday for a week and my sister had them and didn't tell me how many Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Milly Posted July 2, 2008 Share Posted July 2, 2008 I keep count and weigh them...although we did go on holiday for a week and my sister had them and didn't tell me how many We had a similar problem - went on holiday for 10 days and came back to find my in-laws had very carefully noted all the eggs but they had put on the list: 1 large brown, one small white, one large white .... and so on. Not quite egg tally! But it was more important to have someone looking after the hens than weighing the eggs. Milly Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted July 2, 2008 Share Posted July 2, 2008 Congratulations . I'm only at 630 . Still sounds like a heck of lot of eggs though! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
whittlewitch Posted July 2, 2008 Share Posted July 2, 2008 Congratulations Laura. 1000th I'm still waiting for my first - however didn't realise I was going to have to count them, and yes I now will because thats how I am, bit like pegs came out of the basket in any old fashion, until somebody suggested (jokingly) that each item should have matching pegs!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted July 2, 2008 Share Posted July 2, 2008 Congratulations We are up to 185 eggs, a long way to go. We weigh our eggs and keep a record of who laid them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gamebird Posted July 3, 2008 Share Posted July 3, 2008 Well done. Do the girls get a special present? I've got a lot more counting to do, I'm only at 268. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Laura & CTB Posted July 3, 2008 Author Share Posted July 3, 2008 Well done. Do the girls get a special present? Yes - they got two new chickens to (eventually) play with Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted July 3, 2008 Share Posted July 3, 2008 Thats fantastic Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted July 3, 2008 Share Posted July 3, 2008 OOoh congratulations I must add mine up some are on OH's laptop and the rest in my diary. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hennymom Posted July 5, 2008 Share Posted July 5, 2008 Congratulations Laura. 1000th I'm still waiting for my first - however didn't realise I was going to have to count them, and yes I now will because thats how I am, bit like pegs came out of the basket in any old fashion, until somebody suggested (jokingly) that each item should have matching pegs!! I have not counted my eggs either but I do the peg thing and then someone said if you're gonna be so particular that the pegs match the clothes then you should put your clothes in colour order too...... needless to say I do that too now, all blacks together all reds etc, right through the rainbow spectrum till i get to white!!!! how sad is that..at one time when I was really sad I used to hang garments together also, all black trousers, all blue shirts etc.....now that ..............is potty!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...