Grovefarm

Rehoming pedigree dogs

Hi all,

Does anyone know anything about what I need to do to rehome some pedigree dogs. My mum had 3 retrieversall are under 2 years of age. Mum died in may and although we live out in the middle of nowhere we cant really cope with dogs as well as most of you know they are large and my daughter is a little wary of them.

It really pains me to have to re-home them as I've had dogs all my life until I moved out of mums house 3 years ago, but there is nothing we can do and as there is no will I dont know what mum would have wanted.

I don't know where you are but why don't you try a breed specific rescue group? I quickly googled and found http://www.retrieverrescue.net/ but I'm sure they'll point you in the direction of someone nearer if they can't help.

Found this one too they cover more areas.

http://www.goldenretrievers.co.uk/application/rescue/index.php

Edited by Guest

Most pedigrees have a dedicated rescue association which may be worth contacting, as they will have a waiting list of vetted homes. Or alternatively place an ad in the local paper and then you can choose a good home that will suit the dogs.

Good luck,

Firstly im so sorry to read that your mum has died, such a sad time and a great loss. Deepest sympathies. :(

Do you know which breeder your mum bought the dogs from? :?

I ask as most responsible breeders will request to be the first to be contacted if one of their dogs needs rehoming as they may wish to do this themselves.

If you are not sure but you have their kennel club paperwork the dogs will have a pedigree name and you can locate the breeder via this as it will include their affix. You can call the kennel club and they will pass on the breeders details to you.

A breed specific pedigree rescue organisation will be the other way forward as others have suggested.