Janty

Sausage isn't weird or fat ... he's a Ragdoll.

SausagepoolAug08011-1.jpg

MrsBeetonSausage013-1.jpg

My big furry monster of a cat, Sausage has always got me into trouble at the vets for being overweight (currently 7.5 kg). I have always protested that he isn't fat, he's just big pawed but to no avail. On a recent visit to the vet when I was having him checked out for falling off our bedroom windowsill sideways onto the conservatory roof, sliding down it and landing with a thump in the garden (I know, it is bizarre) I mentioned to the vet that his Dad was a pedigree Ragdoll. She said that she didn't know anything about the breed but that I should look it up on the internet to see if the breed is prone to balance problems...He is walking along one minute then he just flops sideways.

Well, it turns out that this 'flop' is what all Ragdolls do. Sausage isn't wierd and he doesn't have health problems....it's just in his genes.

Bless!!! Wish I'd known that before I spent a fortune at the vets.

:D

Oh poor you, spending all that money! I took my skogkat to the vet when I first adopted him, and asked if I should put him on a diet, given how huge he was. My vet laughed, and told me he was a little underweight actually :( He looks thinner these days, but is actually heavier as he is now quite muscly. I think your boy looks BOOTIFUL.

Visitors still 'helpfully' suggest I put him on a diet thought :evil:

Just looked up Skogkatt on the internet. They are gorgeous too.

I have always wanted a British shorthair cat. I thought that I wanted a blue one until I saw the silver striped ones and the silver spotted ones.

I can see when we are older and retired, hubby and I with a big round shorthair and an even bigger, rounder Ragdoll for hubby. He has gone from saying that we were never going to have pets to loving a cat for the first time ever! He spoils Sausage something rotten and he gets away with murder in our house. I am sure that Smegul (our other cat who is much, much more like a cat than Sausage) would not get away with so much. Hubby calls Sausage a Bond villsin's cat so I bought him a diamante collar.