Charlottechicken Posted July 27, 2006 Share Posted July 27, 2006 It is ridiculously humid in Birmingham today , no change from all week really. We had a few drops of rain this morning about 8.30 but not enough to wet the ground. Both my water butts are empty with no sign of replenishment, the chickens and I are wilting, and I am trying to build a run, but it's too hot to work But it is clouding over, I really hope we get a good downpour overnight C Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buffie Posted July 27, 2006 Author Share Posted July 27, 2006 had a storm...all the works.... black as night and now.... hot and humid still BBx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted July 27, 2006 Share Posted July 27, 2006 Send it over here lovie, I love storms... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karen & co. Posted July 27, 2006 Share Posted July 27, 2006 We're still waiting lots of clouds float over......then float off again karen x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted July 27, 2006 Share Posted July 27, 2006 had a storm...all the works.... black as night and now.... hot and humid still BBx That's what happened here! I'm sure it is hotter now than it was before the storm. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eyren Posted July 27, 2006 Share Posted July 27, 2006 It's pitch black here too, and raining intermittently Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 27, 2006 Share Posted July 27, 2006 We had a massive electrical storm last night at midnight - the lightning was all around and so bright it hurt your eyes. The thunder was fairly quiet compared to the ferocity of the lightning. It didn't rain until the storm had passed over. This morning we had rumbly thunder in the distance - and then a power cut And then, just after we'd reset all the clocks, another three power cuts Carl was working from home and pulling his hair out. He will be working until midnight now to get finished Sunshine and humid now - I've been to a Teddy Bears Picnic at Charlecote House (NT property) and I crept from the shade of one tree to another Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chocchick Posted July 27, 2006 Share Posted July 27, 2006 No storm here since last weekend (unless I slept through it ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Louise Posted July 28, 2006 Share Posted July 28, 2006 I am so desperate for rain I have left the roof of the car down this morning that is bound to work Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 28, 2006 Share Posted July 28, 2006 I'll go and leave the upstairs windows open as well Louise Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AnnieP Posted July 28, 2006 Share Posted July 28, 2006 And put out some washing..... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Louise Posted July 28, 2006 Share Posted July 28, 2006 I tried that yesterday Annie Figured the car would be much more irritating if it rained so I am trying that today Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted July 28, 2006 Share Posted July 28, 2006 We had that storm on Wednesday too Lesley - didn't get much sleep We seemed to miss any last night and it is lovely and fresh this morning, the garden is damp and greener. Sorry Louise Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Louise Posted July 28, 2006 Share Posted July 28, 2006 The annoying thing id the borders are one of the wettest parts of the UK and we have had no proper rain for about a month I am off work well apart from a quick check on something this weekend and the Kelso show is on so I bet it pours all weekend Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karen & co. Posted July 28, 2006 Share Posted July 28, 2006 Hi Louise my sister in law lives in Kelso, and runs the Le Jardin coffee house, she makes all the cakes herself! karen x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Louise Posted July 28, 2006 Share Posted July 28, 2006 Hi Karen, Yes I remember a while back you went to Kelso for a wee visit didn't you I am not going to the show it is on today and tomorrow but right now the sky is starting to look quite black Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karen & co. Posted July 28, 2006 Share Posted July 28, 2006 We did yes We've still got wall to wall sunshine here but today there are a few clouds about, and it's not so humid. karen x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted July 28, 2006 Share Posted July 28, 2006 It has got very hot here all of a sudden Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted July 28, 2006 Share Posted July 28, 2006 Here too. I have had to come inside,as its too hot to be in the garden....less humid though,which is good Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted July 28, 2006 Share Posted July 28, 2006 It was lovely and cool earlier, so I thought I'd have my lunch outside - BIG MISTAKE - it was lovely, but far too hot for going back to work afterwards. It has taken me 45 minutes just to cool down. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chocchick Posted July 29, 2006 Share Posted July 29, 2006 I am not going to the show it is on today and tomorrow but right now the sky is starting to look quite black Still only clouds here and no rain or thunderstorms Still, I like hot weather Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...