Martin B Posted November 14, 2006 Share Posted November 14, 2006 Good question! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted November 15, 2006 Author Share Posted November 15, 2006 They're BIG!!!!!!! We still have some space left......... We now have .... a small freezer in the kitchen for normal everyday things, ice-cream, frozen peas, frozen fruit etc. A tall freezer which was in the kitchen but will be moving from the spare bedroom to the freezer room Two massive freezers which I hope will soon be moving from the lounge to the freezer room A small chest freezer back at the other house which will be moving to the ...... A tall fridge which was in the kitchen but will be moving to the Brewery/Sausage room A small fridge back at the other house, also to move to the Brewery. Ummmmmmmm - no wonder my Dad was a bit worried about whether the electricity supply to the house will be big enough to cope I couldn't call the electricity board out to check until all the work had been done - in its original state, it would have been condemned Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buffie Posted November 15, 2006 Share Posted November 15, 2006 No power cuts forecast Lesley BBx Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted November 15, 2006 Author Share Posted November 15, 2006 I hope not! We've just bought a generator just in case! All those freezers are not very environmentally friendly are they? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mrs Frugal Posted November 15, 2006 Share Posted November 15, 2006 Hope it was one of LSH's generators !! He'll soon let you know if it's not ! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted November 15, 2006 Author Share Posted November 15, 2006 - oops! I didn't know that was what he did I hope it is - I need to get hold of someone, preferably around the throat, and I know where you live! It was delivered on its side and leaking oil everywhere We haven't started it up yet - waiting for the oil to er .......do something before we try. I have phoned the company - Omega Wolf - as the packaging did not say that it should be kept upright and it was delivered by TNT - in the guise of 'white van man' Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mrs Frugal Posted November 15, 2006 Share Posted November 15, 2006 - oops! I didn't know that was what he did I hope it is - I need to get hold of someone, preferably around the throat, and I know where you live! He's not here . He's hiding! The company he works for, Cummins, make generators which are shipped all over the world! You never know, you could have one of them!! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted November 15, 2006 Author Share Posted November 15, 2006 Buffy's chicks - none from her own eggs! The Marans is almost the same size as her! Bossy and her chicks - from our own eggs Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mrs Frugal Posted November 15, 2006 Share Posted November 15, 2006 Aren't they lovely ! The sussex is pretty. I'm very jealous! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted November 15, 2006 Author Share Posted November 15, 2006 Dinners - very yellow from all the corn and grass they've been eating Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mrs Frugal Posted November 15, 2006 Share Posted November 15, 2006 Room at the table for us, Lesley ?? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted November 15, 2006 Author Share Posted November 15, 2006 Plenty of room - just no table! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted November 15, 2006 Share Posted November 15, 2006 I love Bossy Lesley - I've wanted that colourway for a while now. All that chicken looks vvvv good *yum* Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mrs Frugal Posted November 15, 2006 Share Posted November 15, 2006 Plenty of room - just no table! We don't mind eating off our knees ! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cate in NZ Posted November 15, 2006 Share Posted November 15, 2006 Lovely pics again Lesley, and I bet that chicken will taste amazing Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted November 15, 2006 Author Share Posted November 15, 2006 aaaaarrrrrrgggghhh! - I've just remembered I have a load of chicken innards to finish sorting out Bye........... Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Louise Posted November 15, 2006 Share Posted November 15, 2006 Lovely pics Lesley I have just showed Herbert to someone at work and she is now trying to convince me I must have him Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted November 15, 2006 Share Posted November 15, 2006 But of course you should Louise, he's a handsome chappie He's Lesley's chook, but if it's ok with her, I'd be very happy for him to go to you. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Martin B Posted November 15, 2006 Share Posted November 15, 2006 Wow the chicks are georgeous and the meat looks delicious. They're so yellow! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted November 15, 2006 Share Posted November 15, 2006 I bet they're juicy Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted November 15, 2006 Share Posted November 15, 2006 Mmmmmmm - they look wonderful. Do you freeze them Lesley? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karen & co. Posted November 15, 2006 Share Posted November 15, 2006 Your dinners look like chicken I remember eating as a little girl and I bet the bacon will be great too karen x Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted November 15, 2006 Share Posted November 15, 2006 We now have .... a small freezer in the kitchen for normal everyday things, ice-cream, frozen peas, frozen fruit etc. A tall freezer which was in the kitchen but will be moving from the spare bedroom to the freezer room Two massive freezers which I hope will soon be moving from the lounge to the freezer room A small chest freezer back at the other house which will be moving to the ...... A tall fridge which was in the kitchen but will be moving to the Brewery/Sausage room A small fridge back at the other house, also to move to the Brewery. Hmmmmm, did you know there was a van on its way to our local Comet that was hijacked somewhere in Stratford? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted November 16, 2006 Author Share Posted November 16, 2006 Hmmmmm, did you know there was a van on its way to our local Comet that was hijacked somewhere in Stratford? T'wasn't me - I let them go after just delivering the two new ones Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted November 18, 2006 Author Share Posted November 18, 2006 (edited) I've just sliced one quarter of one side of the bacon. It was 5lbs of bacon, 4 small pieces of pancetta and a small bag of bacon bits. I sliced a small amount by hand this morning for Martin and Clare to test for me, the rest I've just done with the slicing machine - I might get the hang of it one day Carl likes thick bacon anyway We're just about to try it with eggs and fresh bread - Yum! Edited November 18, 2006 by Guest Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...