Tessa the Duchess

Worried about Sasha

This morning my dog Sasha who is now 17 wobbled across the kitchen floor and then collapsed in a heap and wet herself :( Got an immediate appt with the vet who diagnosed a stroke :( she has been prescribed heart tablets and has to go back in a week to see how she is. I am aware that her days are numbered due to her age, but fingers crossed she lasts a bit longer.

Tessa

So sorry to hear about Sasha, it must be a really worrying time for you. What a fantastic age she is though, she has obviously had a great life with you and hopefully it will continue a while longer.

Its two years today since my darling Sally had to be put to sleep and she was about 15, we all think of her all the time.

Aaaw thanks guys, you are all so sweet and caring. Sasha seems back to normal for now, because she sleeps so much it's difficult to tell how she really is, but she is eating well, pooing and weeing normally, so I will see what the vet says when I take her back next week. I really hope she doesn't need to stay on these heart tablets indefinitely because they cost a small fortune to buy and money is very tight right now, but if necessary I will have to give up the Chardonnay :shock:

Tessa

The news on Sasha is not very good I'm afraid. She has been collapsing on a more or less daily basis, the vet thinks she has a heart problem, but it is really an old age problem, bless her. She collapsed earlier this evening and then recovered. She then went out into the garden for a wee and I found her collapsed out there which really freaked me out as the temp is so low, her breathing is very laboured which is worrying, I gave her some Rescue Remedy and she is asleep now. Tomorrow she is back to the vet, I am fearing the worst.

Tessa

Oh Tessa :sad: ((hugs)). I'm so sorry that Sasha isn't improving. I hope you can get some reassurance from the vet tomorrow - if it is her heart can they give her anything to treat it?

I'll keep everything crossed for her tomorrow :pray:. Let us know how you get on.

Big Hugs

xx