Louise Posted July 18, 2005 Share Posted July 18, 2005 Your underwear does get about Kate:oops: I haven't laughed that much in ages - thanks Gina Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mrs Frugal Posted July 18, 2005 Share Posted July 18, 2005 the students' were all wearing Kate's big knickers. Sounds like they're all crammed into one pair - they aren't that big !! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Popcorn Posted July 18, 2005 Share Posted July 18, 2005 A nice description in the use of punctuation I thought A great image to imagine - Superkate - and I bet you'll never forget how to use an apostophe now Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mrs Frugal Posted July 18, 2005 Share Posted July 18, 2005 Not when applied to knickers anyway ! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Popcorn Posted July 18, 2005 Share Posted July 18, 2005 Now, you see Kate, I know it sounds like they were crammed into one pair, and not ever having seen your big knickers I couldn't possibly say otherwise, but in the text, you know they aren't because 'knickers' didn't have an apostophe - which would make them one pair belonging to you. Oh dear - I'll stop now Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mrs Frugal Posted July 18, 2005 Share Posted July 18, 2005 Probably best ! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 18, 2005 Share Posted July 18, 2005 If you didn't have the apostophe there, it would mean there were a group of kates, all with big knickers. Infact the apostophe would appear at the end of Kates' to indicate a group. A bit like, the students' were all wearing Kate's big knickers. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mrs Frugal Posted July 18, 2005 Share Posted July 18, 2005 I'm so embarrassed to have my knickers aired in public in such a manner !! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Popcorn Posted July 18, 2005 Share Posted July 18, 2005 It's ok Kate - you're in good company and I'm sure we have all, at one time or another, wore our apple catchers over our tights, even if some of us were only 7 at the time.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Trish Posted July 18, 2005 Share Posted July 18, 2005 Oh please NO , my husband writes a lot of technical documents as part of his Job and is Know at work as "The Apostrophe King". The worst offender around here is "Open Sunday's" urrrrrgh Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
red Posted July 18, 2005 Share Posted July 18, 2005 I hate to sound mean and pedantic but there would not be an apostrophe after the word students Placing a preposition at the end of a sentence - that's the other type of pedantry up with which I shall not put ..... I'll shut up now! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 18, 2005 Share Posted July 18, 2005 Red - I noticed Pongo yesterday and meant to ask? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
red Posted July 18, 2005 Share Posted July 18, 2005 Pongo is our Orang-Utan - he was a gift from Mr's sister (Mr was 40 the other day) Pongo is the name that we've given him - he's really called Etin - he lives in Borneo and we have adopted him from the WWF. A great gift don't you think? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 18, 2005 Share Posted July 18, 2005 I think it's a brilliant gift. He'll have to be a celebrity Orang-Utan otherwise I'm seriously off-topic again Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Anna 1 Posted July 19, 2005 Share Posted July 19, 2005 I have an orang-utan too! Her name is Lidia and she lives in Sumatra. I adopted her from the Australian Orangutan Foundation. I think it's a great idea too! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Popcorn Posted July 19, 2005 Share Posted July 19, 2005 I hate to sound mean and pedantic but there would not be an apostrophe after the word students Placing a preposition at the end of a sentence - that's the other type of pedantry up with which I shall not put ..... I'll shut up now! Yes, you're right Red Lets have a group 'shut up' on this one! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
red Posted July 19, 2005 Share Posted July 19, 2005 Excellent - chickens and Orang-Utans - there's no better combination! Just to keep things on topic - I once played skittles with Brian Cant and Brian Glover (RIP) Actually I have quite a few claims to fame/celeb moments because I have a few friends who act and Mr did some work in a theatre once (behind scenes) so I'm not generally star struck but BRIAN CANT was a different story simply because of all those years watching play-away! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 19, 2005 Share Posted July 19, 2005 Ooooh Nooooooo! I can't get the tune out of my head now!!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mrs Frugal Posted July 20, 2005 Share Posted July 20, 2005 I loved Brian Cant - terrific chap. Yes, I too have the Playaway theme running through my head - great days!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jukebox Tim Posted July 27, 2005 Share Posted July 27, 2005 Don't know whether I need to get a life but this thread has brightened my day....you ladies are so fickle....how did you get from Johnny Depp to Brian Cant? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mrs Frugal Posted July 27, 2005 Share Posted July 27, 2005 Women have complex minds, Tim!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Crooked Chicken Posted July 27, 2005 Share Posted July 27, 2005 OK my claims to fame are: 1) I saw the guy from Eastenders, the one who worked behind the bar (haven't watched Eastenders for about a year - so may be different guy now) in TGI's restaurant. I said "I think you're gorgeous", he gave me a wink, and I was so embarrased I spent the rest of the evening underneath the table pretending I'd dropped my fork. 2) I've kissed Spike Milligan - he's dead now and 3) I kissed one of the chaps from Robson and Jerome - not sure which one it was. He's still alive I think. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mrs Frugal Posted July 27, 2005 Share Posted July 27, 2005 !! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 27, 2005 Share Posted July 27, 2005 What on earth did you do to poor Spike? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
red Posted July 27, 2005 Share Posted July 27, 2005 BTW - other claims to fame of mine : - Jimmy Saville asked my mum on a date when she was about 20 (I hasten to add she turned him down ) My Dad's second cousin is Mr Howard - he was one of the men who used to sit with Basil Brush - BOOOM BOOOM!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...