Anna 1 Posted July 28, 2005 Share Posted July 28, 2005 Ooh I forgot when I was looking on this thread before. I do have a claim to fame! I met Geoffrey Rush and (this is my real claim to fame) it was on the set of Shakespeare on Love in my days as a film extra. I was also on set when Joseph Fiennes (yummy eyelashes), Ben Afleck (nasty swearwords), Gwynneth Paltrow (whiner) and Judi Dench (total legend) were filming. I nearly sat next to Colin Firth in the theatre scene but it never happened... Johnny Depp makes me go weak at the knees... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted July 28, 2005 Share Posted July 28, 2005 I used to live in Elstree, where the film studios are, so you see a lot of celebs round there; I designed a sweater for Nick Berry (Eastenders) when he was dating Gillian Taylforth - he's shorter than you'd think. While we're on to boasting (and why not!), I've met Kylie (well said 'hi' actually), and ridden on the back of a Harley at the Grand Prix dinner with Eddie Jordan - so there! Can't get with the Brian Cant thing, but adored Johnny Depp in Pirates - must be the black eyeliner! I am really thinking seriously now about geting some chooks - I am meeting with Penny and the chaps at Omlet to see their Eglu in action and meet the chooks (I live really near there). I hope to get some Wyandotte Bantams before the end of the year - any pointers on their behaviour/laying tendencies? Clare Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SarahJo Posted October 16, 2005 Author Share Posted October 16, 2005 Thought I would refresh this topic ... as today, I saw Kevin Webster (Coronation St.) walking in Alderley Edge with his dogs and family. Bit spooky really, as he smiled at ME and said hello 1st , and then I said Hi, back, not really clicking who he was ... duh. He has a boy and a girl ... was with a blonde (not Sally ) and has a White West Highland Terrier and a king of Lab cross thing. . Anyway ... thought I would share .... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted October 16, 2005 Share Posted October 16, 2005 It gives you such a buzz when that happens Judi Dench seems to have come up on this site a few times - I thought it would be bragging to mention I see her in Waitrose, she drove past my daughter's bus stop last week (reg: D8NCH) and nearly drove into my brother a few weeks ago. She is so short I'm surprised she can see over the steering wheel! Now I've spotted this thread - thank you Sarah Jo - I don't feel so bad. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 16, 2005 Share Posted October 16, 2005 In my time living in "celebville" (the Thames valley) I have..... Sold Kylie a pot in my shop. She was tiny Served Phillid Schofield.He bought a china angel Been nearly run over by George Harrison.He lived in Henley & we saw him a lot.He was just a lovely man Stood next to Anthony Worral Thompson in the queue at Waitrose.A twit! Kenny Lynch once gave me his old car park ticket Parked next to Paul Daniels & the lovely Debbie Mcgee in the Rolls with the "magic" plate Seen Rod Stewart.He was very hairy & wore skin tight trousers As was the blonde one from Status Quo Sold Jools Holland a pair of trousers Sold Lionel Blair a Christmas decoration Shaken hands with Roald Dahl when I was 10 Judi Dench (yes, her again) is my friends Auntie Been to Steve Wrights wedding.Well, I was outside the church anyway Served Andrew Ridgley a drink during Henley Regaatta.No George Micheal though,but he lives in next village down. Sold Susan George an evening gown.Pink. Blown a kiss at Terry Wogan.It was not reciprocated Stood in the Queue for the log flume at Legoland next the Jonathan Ross & Family.He is FAB! Been queue jumped by Sacha Distel & family at Euro Disney Saw Su Pollard looking bizarre in spotty tights Roddy Frame from Aztec Camera once stage dived onto my head Seen Shirly Bassey & the late Dusty Springfield in Henley,looking fabulous I once saw Diana & Fergie in town too.Both VERY giggly! I once bumped into George Cole while runnung around a corner in Henley on an icey day.When I fell over he helped me up - what a gent! Met Dave Lee Travis in a shopping centre Seen the filming onf Hex, Miss Marple,Howards End (nephew is in the background),Vicar of Dibley and loads more Next doors house,which is attatched to mine,hid one of the great train robbers after the robbery. It has lots of secret panals & stuff AND leslie Grantham had an offer in on my house, but we got it instead!!! Honestly, I am not some kind of super-stalker, they all just seem to live around here! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted October 16, 2005 Share Posted October 16, 2005 Wow! Can't top that long list! I used to serve Barry Sheene his cigarettes and went to a barn dance in his barn! He lived in our village when I was a teenager. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 17, 2005 Share Posted October 17, 2005 I forgot that Lenny Henry (Very large) was in Nandos with us a while ago & I have also seen Ulrika Johnssen (Thin) & Ricky Gervais (looks normal) in Reading. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SarahJo Posted October 17, 2005 Author Share Posted October 17, 2005 Funny how you refer to how they looked in your last post Sarah. Kevin Webster is small .. and still looked unshaven Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Twickenham chickens Posted October 17, 2005 Share Posted October 17, 2005 Ok, Last week at tye ideal home show (i was helping a mate on a stand) i saw Mr Motivator in crazy trousers and also one of the females from this years big brother...have no idea of the name. I saw Nanna moon from easternders on the train into waterloo - she was as dippy as she is on tv. Trying to think of others but can't! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted October 17, 2005 Share Posted October 17, 2005 I went to Anneka Rice's wedding, but she didn't want my husband to play the organ - he was paid for the job anyway. I got Lenny Henry's autograph when he played cricket on our village green. He was still a teenager then but I thought he was great. He was in a black comedy on TV - a 3 generation family who lived in a block of flats - but I can't remember what it was called. I don't like him so much anymore. He seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder and keeps talking about black rights. As someone who regards all people as equal, I find that quite difficult. It's like he is stirring up trouble where there is no need. (I know there is still racial inequality and abuse but I don't think it is part of our country's structure any more) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mel (& Paul) Posted October 19, 2005 Share Posted October 19, 2005 I met Jim Cronin of Monkey World (does anyone outside the South get Monkey Business on Tv - if not, it will mean nothing to you!) he was nice - very enthusiastic - just like on tv! I also thought I was going to meet Jimmy Tarbuck on a claim, but met with his representative (not sure whether to be disappointed or not) I have sat in Stings car, and have been driven around his estate by his security officer I have been in Mel B's basement. I met the owners of Pippen (now deceased) the dog from the adverts and met Pippen's offspring (Bakers complete etc., adverts) You cant tell me my life is not glamerous............ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted February 13, 2006 Share Posted February 13, 2006 Esther and I were privileged to meet John Rutter at a workshop on Saturday. He is a very well known composer of church music. I was especially lucky that day as he chose me from a large crowd of sopranos to be the Soloist in his Mass of the Children. The baritone soloist was from the Royal Opera! It was a totally thrilling day! I know that most people here won't have heard of John Rutter and this won't mean much, but please indulge me! It's taken me about an hour to work out how to put a picture here, including publishing the photo on the internet first which I had never done before. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mel (& Paul) Posted February 14, 2006 Share Posted February 14, 2006 I've heard of him - my mum loves his music and I've got a couple of CDs for her in the past - I like him too Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buffie Posted February 14, 2006 Share Posted February 14, 2006 Now I saw vernon kaye with or without an e not sure, last week (He who is a rather dishy presenter also on radio1, married to tess) and then saw woman who used to be in ab fab and in the brittas empire (mr brittas, mr brittas). Nothing compared to our old friend who is a chief engineer for virgin. Travelling to work in upper class (as you do) he has Brad and Angelia sitting with him , definately pregnant and Simon le Bon ohhh is there a story there I wonder We have travelled with him before and only seen bloomin' Nicky Clarke with the messiest hair I've ever seen!!! BBx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicola H Posted February 14, 2006 Share Posted February 14, 2006 Wow Ginette that is fantastic to meet John Rutter and to be picked to do a solo.................. I bet you were chuffed to bits. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted February 14, 2006 Share Posted February 14, 2006 I was and still am! I've got an autographed copy of the music! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted February 14, 2006 Share Posted February 14, 2006 Congratulations Ginette - how wonderful! We had a piece of his music performed by the choir at our wedding. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted February 14, 2006 Share Posted February 14, 2006 Thanks Lesley Which piece was it? We often use 'The Lord bless you and keep you'. This Saturday we are doing his 'Gaelic Blessing'. I guess for you and Carl 'All things bright and beautiful' or 'For the beauty of the earth' would be very suitable. I must catch up with that thread and see how you're getting on! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted February 14, 2006 Share Posted February 14, 2006 Yes I agree with you there Dan! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted February 14, 2006 Share Posted February 14, 2006 Ginette - it was The Lord Bless You And Keep You ........... yes, we should have had "For The Beauty Of The Earth" Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted February 14, 2006 Share Posted February 14, 2006 I love 'The Lord bless you and keep you'. I have liked the prayer since I was a child and Rutter's music works so well. As I said, we use it a lot for weddings, but also for baptisms and other similar occasions. The Mass of the Children was lovely too, as is his Requiem. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted February 14, 2006 Share Posted February 14, 2006 I'm not a great fan of all his work, just selected pieces. My sister also sings the same pieces as you, for weddings etc. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chocchick Posted February 15, 2006 Share Posted February 15, 2006 I have met a series of coronation street stars when I lived in Greater Manchester: Reg Holdsworth opened a gas showroom and I got his autograph (I was quite little) Nearly knocked Kevin Webster off his bike seen Sally Webster in Sainsburys and Betty in a garden centre. It's all quite sad really My friend who knows nothing about football met Manchester United (as we know their nutitionist Trev) and was introduced to David Beckham. She wanted to know what he did as she didn't know who he was! Apparently Posh was awful at cooking when she met Trev and didn't know the first thing about it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cookie Posted February 15, 2006 Share Posted February 15, 2006 My OH saw Hugh F-W in his staff restaurant last week. OH works for a publishing company - not Hugh's though! - so maybe HF-W is trying to get a better deal?? I hope OH's staff restaurant does good food, otherwise he may not do the deal... I said to OH "ooh, you should have told him how great the chocolate mousse turned out" because I made the one in Family Cookbook the other week. Oh just went . Love, Cookie. xx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mel (& Paul) Posted February 15, 2006 Share Posted February 15, 2006 IMy friend who knows nothing about football met Manchester United (as we know their nutitionist Trev) and was introduced to David Beckham. She wanted to know what he did as she didn't know who he was! . Classic And did David know what he did Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...