Falkor

Guess who is off to collect another Eglu on Thurs!!!!

MEEEEEE!

I went to see a lady who lives around the corner to look at her cube as I have been umming and arrrrhring as I want more chickens but was not sure whether to go for another Eglu or sell my existing one and buy Cube.

After my visit to the very nice lady around the corner I have decided that although I can see the merits of the cube I def prefer the Eglu.

So I have made the call and on Thursday am off to collect a (purple eglu) from another nice lady!

Mmmmm, now have to get it in past OH without him noticing!

Better yet I have got to decide what new chickens to get! (Bluebelle)GNR(white chicken)PP

Edited by Guest

Lucky you!!!

Are you keeping all your girls together in a walk-in-run or 2 seperate eglus and runs???

What hens are you going to get :P:P:P

Have fun choosing

Tom

Well the plan is all together in walk-in run with one eglu inside and one butted up to mesh on the outside but the run isn`t built yet so will have to wait and see. It will be spring before I can talk OH out into the garden (he doesn`t do cold!) so may start off as two eglus with runs! But I did say no more chickens until the run is built! (wonder if I will be able to wait!) :angel:

I have no idea about what hens to get..... wanted hybrid so I get a bit of an better egg production as current three are orps but keep changing my mind! I am research now!

Cool 8)

I have always thought (if I had 2 eglus in a walk in run :dance: ) That I would make a sort of table thing wide enough to put 2 eglus on so they get the maximum floor space :?:

How about 3 hybrids each with different coloured eggs???

Cream Legbar - Blue or Green eggs !eggblue!!egggreen!

Creamlegbar001.jpg

Speckledy - Dark brown eggs !eggbrown!

Cuckoo%20Maran.jpg

White Star - Large White eggs !eggwhite!

White%20Star.jpg

Just a thought (Dreaming!!! :whistle: )

Have fun choosing

Tom

And i have collected another (green eglu) today ! :D:shock::D:shock::D

Not for me though this time, I have converted little bro (palmer 06) and he has purchased a pre-pwned (green eglu) from Ebay. However he has to work in Scotland so today I have driven from St neots to great yarmouth (101m) to Ipswich (51m) to collect (green eglu) back to yarmouth (51m) to drop off (green eglu) and have to drive back to St neots tomorrow (another 101m).

Little brov wants me to clean it too!!!! It`s a good job i like him! (he did buy me three Orps so the least I can do!)

Wow!!!

Your hole family is chicken chicken chicken! My parents and younger brother all sigh when i say 'chickens...'

Have you decided what hens to get to go in your (purple eglu) eglu yet?

Good luck

Tom

My boss has offered me some fertile eggs from her flock so I think I might wait for one of my orps to go broody and rear some babies. :D I know it will mean more delays in egg production (the point of (purple eglu) was POL hybrids) but I think chicks raised by my chickens would be lovely.

If I end up with some boys then they will make a pleasant addition to my freezer.

Little bro was who started the chicken thing in our family, he has two wooden coops with silkies, a MEAN :twisted: broody frizzle and two yet to be identified chicks.

Oh cool! Thats a lot better than just buying them POL isn't it? Do you know what breeds she has???

Tom

I am not sure, i think they are just bog standard brown chickens but I don`t mind!

Although I saw a dutch bantam cockeral today, he was gorgeous! Wish I lived in the country!