Omletina Kyckling

Crafty Weekend anyone - August 15/16 2009

I've had a thought!! It doesn't happen very often so I thought I'd share it with you....as so many of us like craft and making things, wouldn't it be great if some of us could get together for a weekend some time? Obviously once we are into warmer times! I'm not sure what hubby would think, but we have a big, old house and I could put up quite a few people if anybody wanted to come and spend the weekend and make things!! You could bring whatever project you wanted to work on and as we all have different skills, we could learn new things!! I have four spare bedrooms (five actually, but hubby has taken one over as a car spares room :roll: ) here, plus several giant sofas so could put up quite a few people....we could have a barbecue on the Saturday night or something too!! Big garden if anybody wanted to bring a tent?

Sound good? :wink:

Sounds like somthing I'd like to be in on if the date is right.

You'd have to put me down for a sofa or something though because I DON'T do camping! (I would rather pull out my own fingernails!)

Laughing my socks off at you Pengy. :lol: Do you realise how luxurious caravans are these days? They have real showers in a separate actual bathroom not a squash in cubby hole, beautiful wood cupboards, comfy beds, lovely soft furnishings, fancy kitchens, blown air heating, fancy fridge freezers, microwaves. Some are nicer than some houses!

Honest, I'm not telling porkies!

No boiling kettles for hot water or gas lights these days & no drips on your head in the night! :lol:

We also like hotels, but our caravan is luxury enough for us as well.

You make me giggle Pengy!

Emma.x

......sounds like a plan then for warmer times!

I have four spare bedrooms, each has a kingsize bed, so if people were willing to "bunk up" we could fit a fair few in. three of the bedrooms have sofas in them so people could sleep on those also, and I have a couple of large sofas in the lounge. We have room for tents in the garden (if you don't mind marauding cats, and of course, chickens!) plus room for a caravan or two I should think (although reversing in and out of our gates isn't easy as the entrance has a twist to it!) - I'm sure if I asked the farmer nicely he'd let people put caravans in the farmyard in front of us!

Do people have preferences as to months/dates? I would have thought spring/summer would be best! We never go anywhere so are available pretty much any time! :wink:

It would actually be her idea of heaven - crafting of various types, chooks and cats for when she's less interested.....or being ignored more to the point and no big brother to annoy her!! She's also quite grown up & can hold her own in any conversation regarding a chook!

I have told her it's a Mummy's weekend only though :wink: Daddy can find something to entertain her!!

Sha x

What about real novices? I do knitting and sewing. Used to make the boys' clothes when they were little and somehow I had time - yet ironically I wouldn't know where to start now, although secret santa helped a bit to remind me. Some of you lot sound soo clever in this arena. I too would like to crotchet. Not sure really that my skills are good enough to help others apart from the fact that I can folllow a knitting pattern!