Omletina Kyckling

Crafty Weekend anyone - August 15/16 2009

These are the people who have definitely confirmed they will be coming, some for the full weekend, some just for the day

Snowy Howells

Tulip

Lauramurf

Claret

Rosie

A chickychickychick-Enn

Redwing

Fizzleknit

Egluntine

Claire G

Couperwife

Plus my Swedish friend, Ylva who is coming for a week with her hubby Phil

and some of my WI choir ladies will be coming for the day too

I still have room for more if anybody else wants to come, it's not far off now!! :wink:

I think nearer the time, we'll need a plan! Perhaps some people could bring some croissant or similar for Sunday morning breakfast, and I'm planning to just do a buffet type thing for the Saturday night so if everybody were to bring something for that, plus something to drink, that would be great. Cakes also gratefully received!!

Does that sound sensible?

Omletina, I think I'm going to have to step away from this Omletstock gathering with great regret, as my step son isn't being overly forthcoming with the info for his rowing competition, and we can't get dog & chook sitters next weekend as everyone else is away or leaving for foreign climes, therefore one of us is going to have to stay home with the creatures. Although I put my hand up for a "day/weekend-out pass" first, as usual it will be me stepping down & handing the pass over to DH :x:(

Have a wonderful weekend everyone........I'll be thinking of you :anxious:

Sha x

Did we ascertain who can do what and who wants to learn what?

I can knit badly and sew. Does anyone want me to attempt to teach them anything specific from my handicrafts posts on here?

I will bring my amigurumi (Japanese) crochet book if anyone fancies a bit of self-teaching that.

I am interested in learning how to knit in the round on round needles (quite fancy trying to knit a beret). I am also interested in being taught how to crochet if anyone can do that.

I'll be bringing my long plain-knit ongoing scarf to knit if there are no round knitters or crocheters. :D

edit: plain not pain-knit :oops:

Edited by Guest

I can crochet.

:D

I have sock patterns to have a go at but I have never tried it.

I am going to bring my glove patterns, etc. I have photocopied most of my patterns in case anybody fancies having a go at something. I have a nice crocheted door handle cover in the shape of a spider for those doing the Halloween swap.

I also have some funky tea cosy patterns.

:D

Did we ascertain who can do what and who wants to learn what?

I can knit badly and sew. Does anyone want me to attempt to teach them anything specific from my handicrafts posts on here?

I will bring my amigurumi (Japanese) crochet book if anyone fancies a bit of self-teaching that.

I am interested in learning how to knit in the round on round needles (quite fancy trying to knit a beret). I am also interested in being taught how to crochet if anyone can do that.

I'll be bringing my long pain-knit ongoing scarf to knit if there are no round knitters or crocheters. :D

On my list (from pms and this topic) I have people who can knit, crochet, do sock knitting, hand sewing, card making and make jewellery and some have said they'd like to learn to crochet, felt and needle felt. I have the bits for felting and needle felting. I also have a spinning wheel if anybody wants a go, and I have a sewing machine, some fabric paints, lots of s"Ooops, word censored!"s of fabric, paints, brushes, painting books....... :wink: