Omletina Kyckling

Crafty Weekend anyone - August 15/16 2009

I'm glad you all enjoyed it. We had the best time, although we're all exhausted now!!! I've told my "staff" they can have a few months off before the Omletstock New Year gathering in January (dates, people?!)..........

Big thanks to Egluntine for her demonstration on how to catch, hold and treat a very poorly chicken with sour crop (and her offer to despatch her if needed) - she has eaten all the very watered down pellets I gave her and I'll monitor her overnight and see how she is tomorrow, and we'll try massaging her crop etc.

I've not had so much of a laugh in ages and can't wait for our next get together. :wink:

Hope you're feeling better soon Janty (who got home safely folks)

My sincere thanks too, Omletina and Mr Omletina (and Wendy too!) :clap:

And well done to the WI recruiting team.... I'm convinced! :wink:

hellymisscloud and I had a fantastic time - we felt so welcomed (and were certainly well looked after!) and we learned so much! I'll take photos of our felt pieces because I'm so delighted with them. We're going to frame Ellie's piece to hang on the wall. Ellie and I are planning a trip to Bradford (possibly this weekend - impatient? Us?) to buy some merino wool for felting and some more for making crocheted afghan blankets.

By the way, the illusion knitting I mentioned is on this website:

http://

http://www.freshislefibers.com/Patterns/shadowknittinglinks.htm

do you have a farm omletina? sounds like a fun w/e :P

We have a Georgian farmhouse but not the land, Poet and the people who farm the land have said we can take the tractor up and down the farmtracks/farmyard.

8):D

Come on Cathy - where are the photos? (and the *cough* video? :wink: )

I darent :anxious:

I will try and post my photos (if I can find the cable for the camera) but the video stays hidden I kinda like my kneecaps (and I dont know what photos of me omletina has that she hasnt shown yet :lol::lol: )

cathy

x

Come on Cathy - where are the photos? (and the *cough* video? :wink: )

I darent :anxious:

I will try and post my photos (if I can find the cable for the camera) but the video stays hidden I kinda like my kneecaps (and I dont know what photos of me omletina has that she hasnt shown yet :lol::lol: )

cathy

x

As long as you are good....you need never know.... :anxious::wink:

Thanks Diane for a great weekend. Sorry I had to rush off. I am just out of bed and feeling much better today. I am staying away from food for a while though....I felt so ill.

I feel all inspired now...tonight I am going to start a crocheted hat with maybe a chicken detail on the side.

:D

Omletina Mr Omletina and Wendy - you absolutely rock. Thank you so, so much for spoiling us all, welcoming us into your wonderful home, teaching us felty goodness, trusting us with the amazing tractor, getting us, er, happy (hangover abated about 6pm today :lol: ) and EVERYTHING! It was an AMAZING weekend!

Fellow Omleteers - you rock too. It was absolutely fantastic to meet you all!

Snowy, have you recovered from the torture that was teaching me to crochet? I HEART you.

Janty - very glad you're on the mend!

I've only just got back from the wedding oop north (hence late chipping in to thread) where some guests loved my wee bit of felt so much they did a little glee dance. I'm going to do some more felt tomorrow. It's my new favourite thing!

Still grinning like a loon from all the fun! :D:clap::clap::clap::dance::dance::dance:

I didn't ask earlier, but how is the hen now that had sour crop?

She's not well, bless her. It just doesn't seem to be abating and she's so thin but she still has a sparkle in her eyes. I'm trying to get sustenance in her in the form of very wet pellet porridge and yesterday pureed sweetcorn, as well as bio yoghurt, stewed apples and daktarin. Egluntine has sent me some flowers of sulphur (as recommended by Christian) which I will try, but things aren't looking great for my Charlotta at the moment. It's a waiting game I think. :(