Janty Posted February 11, 2009 Share Posted February 11, 2009 (edited) The title says it all. We went to Atlantic Superstore tonight to buy a bigger drinker for the chicks who are getting quite big now. They had a white pekin cockerel on his own reduced to £5. I cried. Poor little chap. I couldn't take him as I have neighbours. Hubby said to take him and ask Jo at Little Hen Rescue to have him but I couldn't without checking first. He was such a proud, beautiful, immaculate white boy. Edited February 12, 2009 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted February 11, 2009 Share Posted February 11, 2009 Aww bless, only worth £5 poor little chap. I would have cried too.... Hope he finds a new loving home soon. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Janty Posted February 11, 2009 Author Share Posted February 11, 2009 Good news. I called Jo at Little Hen Rescue and she is going to take him. My in-laws are collecting him for me tomorrow and we are taking him over to the centre at the weekend. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted February 11, 2009 Share Posted February 11, 2009 You are a saint. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted February 11, 2009 Share Posted February 11, 2009 Thats such a nice thing to do - well done you Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted February 11, 2009 Share Posted February 11, 2009 that would have broken my heart too, good on you! I don't know who Atlantic Superstore are but why are they selling cockerels!? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Janty Posted February 11, 2009 Author Share Posted February 11, 2009 What appauled me more was that he was on his own, pacing up and down his ladder. They usually sell trios but I have never seen a cockerel on his own before. I will post piccies tomorrow. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted February 11, 2009 Share Posted February 11, 2009 I wonder if someone declined to take the rooster from a trio. At least he wasn't abandoned by the roadside. That is something I suppose. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted February 11, 2009 Share Posted February 11, 2009 oh what a relief and well done you I can stop thinking about him all alone now.. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted February 11, 2009 Share Posted February 11, 2009 Oh, poor lovie. I'd have rescued him as well Jan. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted February 11, 2009 Share Posted February 11, 2009 What a lovely thing to do . Well done . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted February 11, 2009 Share Posted February 11, 2009 well done Jan Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Falkor Posted February 11, 2009 Share Posted February 11, 2009 He has been at Atlantic on his own for a while now..... I saw him a few weeks ago. Dad said we should have brought him and let him out on Chicken roundabout so he was free and with others of his kind but I couldn`t do that as couldn`t be sure he would fend for himself and I couldn`t take him home cos of my neighbours. Good on you Janty! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Groovychook Posted February 12, 2009 Share Posted February 12, 2009 Great news Janty! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Old Speckled Hen Posted February 12, 2009 Share Posted February 12, 2009 He has been at Atlantic on his own for a while now..... I saw him a few weeks ago. Dad said we should have brought him and let him out on Chicken roundabout so he was free and with others of his kind but I couldn`t do that as couldn`t be sure he would fend for himself and I couldn`t take him home cos of my neighbours. Good on you Janty! I'd never heard of this I googled it and found some wonderful birds. Plenty of cockerels there They must make a din Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted February 12, 2009 Share Posted February 12, 2009 They're not too noisy in fact - surprising really as there are loads of them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Janty Posted February 12, 2009 Author Share Posted February 12, 2009 Very sad though. I have to confess that every time we drive past I take a load of corn for them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
fluffyknickers Posted February 12, 2009 Share Posted February 12, 2009 I was totally intrigued by what the devil CHICKEN ROUNDABOUT was and found this http://www.chickenroundabout.co.uk/ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted February 12, 2009 Share Posted February 12, 2009 We were visiting family in Norfolk last year and I made OH take a detour so we could see the Chicken Roundabout . Sadly, we only saw one cockeral (although he was stunning ). Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted February 12, 2009 Share Posted February 12, 2009 Well done Janty , we can all feel happier knowing he has a proper home now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Janty Posted February 12, 2009 Author Share Posted February 12, 2009 Well we collected him today and he's gorgeous. He has had a bit of scaly leg mite but he's free now....just some raised scales. His name is Cyril, poor lad. He is going over to Little Hen Rescue on Wednesday so anybody coming to ours on Sunday can give him a snuggle. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted February 12, 2009 Share Posted February 12, 2009 oh he's gorgeous! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Aggienator Posted February 12, 2009 Share Posted February 12, 2009 What a fine fellow! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted February 12, 2009 Share Posted February 12, 2009 he's gorgeous and nice that you can enjoy him for a little bit. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted February 12, 2009 Share Posted February 12, 2009 What a handsome chap . I hope he knows how lucky he is . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...