Ygerna Posted February 15, 2009 Author Share Posted February 15, 2009 My offer have been declined also. And I have had a word with myself and decided to..................buy a new one from Omlet Talked it throught with OH and had already spoken to the chickens about it and they are all on board! Just need to sell and Wii to pay for it! I can be all excited for you now instead. Which colour? The is an amazing colour, not what I would have chosen but I am really glad ED picked it Phew, I can get my Omlet 'fix' by proxy, what a relief Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ygerna Posted February 15, 2009 Author Share Posted February 15, 2009 (edited) It's not that much of a bargain IMO, they are not much more from the omlet shop without the run. Just over £400, so it's only a small saving, and you dont know if it has plastic roosting bars, by the closed door I would pressume not. But it's up to the bidder to decide of course. I would personally buy new from omlet with only a small saving like that, then at least you have a guarantee. edited to add... it was bought for £350 with buy it now. This is exactly what DH and I discussed, hence my probably absurdly low 'Best Offer' er, offer. If we were to buy one, without run from Omlet, with our 'good egg' discount it wouldn't have been much more than the one on Ebay at all. (at least that is what I keep telling myself as a salve to my addiction non fulfillment pain ) Edited February 15, 2009 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ygerna Posted February 15, 2009 Author Share Posted February 15, 2009 The cube has been ended? I wonder who got it....it wasn`t me *peeps out from behind the door* sorry guys it was me . I'm an omlet addict too. We decided the other day we needed a cube without a run as OH is building a walk in run. It's £446 for a new one with delivery and he's going right past the sellers for business on thurs so we've no fuel to pay for. So I've saved £100 . I hope it's a good one. It''s certainly the best valentines present I've ever had I am SO glad someone from here got it. Congratulations When are you getting it? How many new girls are you going to get? Please remember to post pics Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted February 15, 2009 Share Posted February 15, 2009 Congratulations Mostin, a new house for your new girls !!! Welcome to the world of previously loved (mine's a recon, so not new therefore PL in my book )- it is awfully bright you know, I'll post a pic of mine later, it almost fluoresces Sha x P.S. I am Sha & I am an Omlet Addict too !!!! (currently out on loan, spreading the Omlet word !) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted February 15, 2009 Share Posted February 15, 2009 The cube has been ended? I wonder who got it....it wasn`t me *peeps out from behind the door* sorry guys it was me . I'm an omlet addict too. We decided the other day we needed a cube without a run as OH is building a walk in run. It's £446 for a new one with delivery and he's going right past the sellers for business on thurs so we've no fuel to pay for. So I've saved £100 . I hope it's a good one. It''s certainly the best valentines present I've ever had Woo Hooo! Congratulations. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted February 15, 2009 Share Posted February 15, 2009 Congratulations Mostin that is terrific Are we opening a book on how many Ygerna will have by this time next year? How big is your garden, Is Lesley your role model? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted February 15, 2009 Share Posted February 15, 2009 Congratulations Mostin that is terrific Are we opening a book on how many Ygerna will have by this time next year? How big is your garden, Is Lesley your role model? Thank you Plum. I never seen an addiction so thick and fast as Ygerna's , I think she will have a whole omlet city in a couple of months . When are you getting it? How many new girls are you going to get? Please remember to post pics Hopefully it will be coming home with OH late on Fri night when he returns from his trip . I already have 7 girls and only one of the two eglus they are in at the moment is mine, the other is a very kind loan from Laurmaurf. When they are all happy and together in the cube I won't be selling my eglu but I think filling it with 3 or 4 ex-batts to fill the last few spaces . I was saving up for a new one, as like you say, you don't save loads on second hand ones these days, but I wanted an orange one or a puple one. Thank you everyone for all you congratulations, I just hope the sale goes through without any hiccups now *takes a shy bow* Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted February 15, 2009 Share Posted February 15, 2009 I too must be an addict of sorts!! I come on here late at night and read all the comments and dream of maybe oneday- a walk-in run, a blue eglu, a red cube, being able to accurately proof read, another Joanna Lumley hat........Then I look at pictures... I looked at yours Mostin - I don't know what you look like but I am sure I spotted an Egluntine and a Claret with an upsidedown chicken in the snow!!!! I've never held a chicken upsidedown- should I ? I am the very chubby girl/lady in the red fleece coat . Claret "the chicken whisperer" was showing us how to calm a chicken if it was completely freaking out. And that was to hold it upside down and then to stroke it down it's front fom belly to throat and push it's head back. They just go all limp then , it was amazing. Not something you'll probably ever need to do on friendly girls but good to know in an emergency, or if they are panicking. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted February 15, 2009 Share Posted February 15, 2009 Congratulations, Mostin . How exciting . This is probably a good place to admit that I've got a "saved search" on Ebay for anything Omletty within a 50 mile radius . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted February 15, 2009 Share Posted February 15, 2009 Congratulations, Mostin . How exciting . This is probably a good place to admit that I've got a "saved search" on Ebay for anything Omletty within a 50 mile radius . , at least we all understand each others addiction here Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted February 15, 2009 Share Posted February 15, 2009 congratulations Mostin Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted February 15, 2009 Share Posted February 15, 2009 Congratulations Mostin Ygerna - I think you are defintely addicted Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted February 15, 2009 Share Posted February 15, 2009 The cube has been ended? I wonder who got it....it wasn`t me *peeps out from behind the door* sorry guys it was me . I'm an omlet addict too. We decided the other day we needed a cube without a run as OH is building a walk in run. It's £446 for a new one with delivery and he's going right past the sellers for business on thurs so we've no fuel to pay for. So I've saved £100 . I hope it's a good one. It''s certainly the best valentines present I've ever had Well done Mostin, thats ace Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Falkor Posted February 15, 2009 Share Posted February 15, 2009 Well done Mostin! Glad an Omleteer got it! I told OH tonight that I want a cube and he said if I am ordering from Omlet why not chuck a and in the basket!!!!!! Best Valentines Prezzie Ever! I seem to recall OH saying "I don`t want chickens", "OK, three is the max!!" "I am not having anything to do with them" and now he wants more, was in charge this weekend as I went away and he made them porridge and sat with them while they had their mealworms! He actually said four new chooks but I think I will save two spaces for some ex-batts later in the year! I am not far behind Ygerna with my additions as I started with a on Nov 17th 2008, got a month or so ago and will be ordering and tomorrow! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted February 16, 2009 Share Posted February 16, 2009 Dearie me, this addiction is infectious . I explained to OH my reasoning behind the WIR - to get a couple more girls if ours either reduce laying or, sadly, leave us and he said, OK fair enough. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jenuk99 Posted February 16, 2009 Share Posted February 16, 2009 What is happening to all these men, are they all under a chicken loving spell, do they want something in return??? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted February 16, 2009 Share Posted February 16, 2009 do they want something in return??? Who cares? They're not getting it . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Falkor Posted February 16, 2009 Share Posted February 16, 2009 My OH settled for a pint or Lager!!! I also got roped into the pub quiz and named our team "Chickens Rule" the quiz man said over the microphone "what's Emma doing here on a Sunday night!!" I am known down the pub as the mad chicken lady now.....I used to be Em, Justins bird, and the one with great *******. (They are just a bit bigger than average, they are a pain in my opinion) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted February 16, 2009 Share Posted February 16, 2009 I explained to OH my reasoning behind the WIR - to get a couple more girls if ours either reduce laying or, sadly, leave us and he said, OK fair enough. Whatever helps you sleep at night Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Janty Posted February 16, 2009 Share Posted February 16, 2009 Congratulations Mostin. Cubes are brilliant. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Old Speckled Hen Posted February 16, 2009 Share Posted February 16, 2009 I'm so of all you cubists. I don't need a cube but I NEED one My step daughter bought me a terramundi yesterday upon which I will paint a chicken and into which I will put EVERY £2 coin I get. So today the cube fund starts There's a blue one on ebay but I don't think I can save enough coins in two days Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted February 16, 2009 Share Posted February 16, 2009 What's wrong with a little IOU . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Old Speckled Hen Posted February 16, 2009 Share Posted February 16, 2009 What's wrong with a little IOU . Arghhhhh the awful thing is that I had a look at our holiday spending fund, just curious which is saved similarly but in an old teapot. (Original eh attention all burglars ) There is £500 in it ......................................................... Mmmm Nah ................... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted February 16, 2009 Share Posted February 16, 2009 Well done Mostin! Glad an Omleteer got it! I told OH tonight that I want a cube and he said if I am ordering from Omlet why not chuck a and in the basket!!!!!! Best Valentines Prezzie Ever! I seem to recall OH saying "I don`t want chickens", "OK, three is the max!!" "I am not having anything to do with them" and now he wants more, was in charge this weekend as I went away and he made them porridge and sat with them while they had their mealworms! thanks Palmer 07, and congratulations to you too There is definitely something going on with these men right now. There is a pink eglu on ebay at the moment in Bradford, I think it's on the forum as well. The people are emmigrating to Australia. My OH turned to me and said "OK, what have you done to me? My first thought was what are they doing with their chickens and should we give them a home?" Bless him, he is hooked. And just in case any of you are interested, they can't advertise them on ebay but they are needing to rehome the chooks as well as the eglu, because he emailed them to ask. There's a blue one on ebay but I don't think I can save enough coins in two days :lol: I was looking at that blue one before I got my orange one , we're all as bad aren't we. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Old Speckled Hen Posted February 16, 2009 Share Posted February 16, 2009 There's a blue one on ebay but I don't think I can save enough coins in two days :lol: I was looking at that blue one before I got my orange one , we're all as bad aren't we. Ah now that blue one would match your new chooks Does the Columbine lay blue/green eggs as well? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...