bunee1

Yummy oat cookies

I found this yummy little recipe on the internet.....

175g brown sugar (i used granulated)

175g selfraising flour

175g butter

175g oats

2 tbsp of golden syrup

Melt the butter and syrup.

Place the oats flour and sugar in a mixing bowl and stir in the butter mixture shape into balls of the desired size, place on some greaseproof paper on a baking tray, leaving room to spread, and bake on a low heat ( i chose 160° ) for about 15 - 20 mins or until golden brown,

Let the biscuits cool slightly then leave on a wire rack to cool....

or if you're really greedy stuff a couple hot!!!! :lol:

And I made them as well - yummy.

I've amended the recipe to say leave room for the biscuits to spread and to leave them to cool slightly before moving to a wire rack.

I'm quite lazy so I melted the butter and syrup and then added all the other ingredients to the saucepan - less washing up :wink:

I made them with light muscovado sugar and white Spelt flour. They do taste like Hob"Ooops, word censored!"s.

I have a very similar recipe but I make it in triple batches (I wonder were they all go :oops: ) and add an egg to the x3 batch. Yummy and much better than hob "Ooops, word censored!"s, dread to think what they use to make them taste buttery but I doubt it's butter

I made some last night, supposedly for todays lunchboxes..... everyone came and grabbed them whilst they were still warm, and then came back for another... and another :roll: I had to hide 4 away otherwise I wouldn't have any left for lunches :shock:

Very nice recipe, and easy to make too...... thank you :D