ubereglu

Which shade is better to buy?

Which shade should I get?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which shade should I get?

• Winter shade
    • Summer shade

I wouldn't bother with the summer shade: it's so very small.

I use the winter shade in the summer to keep the sun off, and in the winter to keep the rain off.

I also have an extension shade, which is rather like the winter shade, but a different shape.

The only use I have for the summer shade is to cover the converter that fits between my Eglu run and the straight extension.

If you get the winter shade, there is another plus: you will be complying with Defra recommendations to keep the birds under cover. Defra are very quiet at the moment, but Bird Flu hysteria may rear its ugly head again this winter.

I have an ikea shower curtain as well, although I'm on my second one thanks to the horrible fox with a destructive bent. V cheap and the girls get lots of light. ALTHOUGH in the summer I had to cover the entire run with blankets because they got so hot and the shower curtain acted like a greenhouse. So I think there's definitly an argument for getting the winter shade instead actually. I will next summer (with some new roosting bars, mine are falling apart :shock: ).

I double the winter shade back when I don't need its full length. The gate-end and middle hooks are hooked on in the right place and then I fold it back and hook the eglu-end hooks up by the run gate. That makes half a shade much the same size as the summer one.

Do you understand what I mean? :?

i have just opened my parcel from omlet with my nice new raincover in it. Can anyone tell me how many bungee clips there should be? i only have five, which leaves one eyelet without a bungee. Is that right? i haven't even begun to work out how to fit it :oops::oops:

Still, i love having the chickens, though we have gone from 3 eggs a day to 1 some days :roll:

just wanted to let you know how amazing omlet are :D

i phoned yesterday to say my cover was missing a bungee clip and three arrived in the post today :D:D:D

makes you happy to buy something when you know there is that kind of customer service.

And all very well timed as we've had enormous storms today - the girls sheltered very happily under the winter cover, even laying two eggs for the first day in a couple of weeks :lol::lol::lol: