wiblick

We're all planning walk in runs! PART 2!

nice one plum.

ive spent half the easter holidays trying to dig out soil so i can lay slabs.

Wouldnt have been too bad but some bright spark has buried hardcore an inch underground where the wir is to go.

What a nightmare trying to level it but its just about level now.

I have a ton of sand being delivered this week so if the weather is ok at the weekend i may start trying my hand at laying slabs for the first time.

Sorry I haven't been here for a while - another 10 pages to read through in the meantime! Have had a nightmare with slabs, weather and DIY in the garden - but now finally getting closer. Having built a raised bed to shift some soil from the WIR area into I finally got going with the WIR base a couple of weekends ago (can only work at weekends) - laid 24 slabs by myself, then had a wet weekend, then last Easter Monday Dad and DH concluded that the slabs were not flat enough - and so they were all pulled up and the sand/concrete base was bashed up and all the sand removed! It was hugely demoralising. But having spent all day on Monday flattening the soil, putting in retaining wooden boards and then sand and then flattening (screeding) the sand, it was much quicker to lay the slabs. Probably took 5 hours to prepare the bed and then a further 1 hour to lay 60 x 400mmx400mm slabs! Picture proof:

gardenproject021.jpg

What it looked like first time around...

gardenproject026.jpg

And then all the slabs were removed :(

gardenproject027.jpg

Second time lucky. Overshot with the sand slightly - but that will be used for additional paving to go under the (cube green).

So getting closer now - and you can see Tony's WIR ready to be built behind. Unfortunately this week I'm working and this weekend attending Transition training so unless DH gets busy by himself (that would be a nice, but unlikely surprise...), this will have to wait another week!

Still need to find some chooks too... Good luck tomorrow Janty!! Cheers.

Thanks.

It's slow going here with the bases. Poor hubby finished working at 8.30 last night and he's been out there since early this morning. At one point last night he was talking about cancelling until he was ready.

:(

The base is now sorted for the quail run and he assures me that the chicken run base will be completed. Tony isn't arriving until 11.30 tomorrow so keep all your fingers crossed.

:pray:

Wow he can move :lol:

Found a really interesting read. The Wickes catalogue! Fascinating - guttering, fixings, different pvc sheets, the tools 8)

how spooky, I visited a Wickes today for the first time, and picked up a catalogue which I'm flicking through now!

how spooky, I visited a Wickes today for the first time, and picked up a catalogue which I'm flicking through now!

The new Omlet must have :lol:

Plum when is your wir going up, you must have all the answers by :lol:now. Looking forward to your pics

jackie

Don't know Jackie. My man with cement and railway sleepers is ringing me tomorrow to do ground next week. Then when I know exactly how much space I can confirm order with Chris at CMS and then its 1-3 weeks delivery. I want to book some hols to put it up :D

I've ordered 11x7 or 12 x 6 run with 8" kickboards, hole for cube, sloping corrugated plastic type roof and 16g wire. Chris is very helpful and will change it if needed (keep changing my mind). :oops::lol: