wiblick

We're all planning walk in runs! PART 2!

Hee heee! All very exciting as went to see the process of my WIR yesterday.

All the panels are made and the roof and he is just finished the door and the table for the Eglu.

I HOPE he is coming this weekens to build it.

I will of course take photos for you all!

The girls are currently in a temporary area on my patio in the eglu so they wont know whats hit them when they go in it!

The garden currently has 4 burly topless men in it making the new patio area so the girls are kept busy looking at them! :wink:

Michelle

My run is finally finished with a fancy finial made by my dad (Thanks Dad)

I also have a hanging basket bracket added outside (As yet, nothing in it) as well as another inside.

I'm planning on raising some tomato plants in a hanging basket in the rafters of the roof as it'd be nice and warm, a bit like a greenhouse (The hens won't be too hot though as i have the shading blind, plus there is a flow through of air - unlike an enclosed greenhouse!) Hopefully just out of beaks reach

IMGP6865.jpg

And here is the 'hospital wing' in great use for intros of my new girls.

IMGP6852.jpg

IMGP6864.jpg

On the right is how I've attached the grub and glug to the WIR (The one on the left is temporary for my new girls)

IMGP6855.jpg

Sorry last question to all you WIR owners.

How is the WIR secured to your slabs?

Does gravity do a good enough job or does it need a helping hand (or screw or nail!)

Mine just sits on the slabs. The structure weighs well over 100Kg, so gravity is on your side. Also, wind blows through the mesh, so it's unlikely to be blown sideways (unless you put tarpaulins over the sides to protect from rain, in which case you may need to consider securing it down to prevent the wind turning your tarpaulin into a sail!)

Andrew

Mine just sits on the slabs. The structure weighs well over 100Kg, so gravity is on your side. Also, wind blows through the mesh, so it's unlikely to be blown sideways (unless you put tarpaulins over the sides to protect from rain, in which case you may need to consider securing it down to prevent the wind turning your tarpaulin into a sail!)

Andrew

Thanks, That's one less thing to worry about!

I've decided its time to clean out the WIR :(:(:cry:

All under control really but can anybody suggest a way of keeping the wooden Eglu table and wooden free standing perches clean. I've got Tony's. I could pressure wash but they would take ages to dry. Somebody ( I think it was ANH ) said that they had vinyl on the table that can just be wiped down. What does everybody else do :?::D

I've no idea fantasticjudyann - but do tell when you find out since I'm sure I'll be doing the same in due course....

Meanwhile - quick photo of progress so far - and then have to go outside since it would appear that DH has just started to add the last few panels!

GardenProject001.jpg

And for the saga so far, see http://club.omlet.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=62859.

Off out to go and help now. Ex-batts arrive on 23 May - can't wait!

Have a good evening WIR folks.

Cheers.

PS See if you can spot the deliberate (yes, it is deliberate) mistake....

Well spotted Plum! Of course if we'd put it the right way around then it would have been difficult to open with the fence post behind. Seems that because it's an inward opening door, the wire panel is on right (or would be if it was the right way round) - so we had to put it in upside down. It was either that or ask Tony to swap it for one the other way around. If you look at atsw's run you'll see the door the right way around - but I think his door is outward opening - which would explain things.

So, upside down it will remain - and yes, the hemcore will probably fall out as a result....

Roof is nearly on as I type - but now I must go and put the children to bed while DH finishes off outside! Final roof panel proving a bit tricky to bang in...

Cheers.