wiblick

We're all planning walk in runs! PART 2!

I've just received Tony's quote for a double quail run and put it to hubby who said 'Yes' straight away.

:dance:

So the lovely Tony is going to bring it with him when he comes to build run number 2 in the Easter hols.

Will have to think of another name now.

:D

I've just received Tony's quote for a double quail run and put it to hubby who said 'Yes' straight away.

:dance:

So the lovely Tony is going to bring it with him when he comes to build run number 2 in the Easter hols.

Will have to think of another name now.

:D

Wouldn't it just be easier to put a roof on the whole garden Jan! :lol::wink:

:mrgreen:

Lewis - hope the girls are happy (and father :wink: )

That'll be the day :wink::whistle:

I think he was expecting a monstrosity like the old WIR but said he's impressed with the new one ... and was even telling my grandad that he was looking forward to hatching more chicks! :eh:

8):lol:

Yeh, so excited got a quote for groundwork and it's getting done week after next :dance::dance:

Not quite sure what I'm having done because he was giving me a quote for retaining wall on rockery and cutting back into grassy (muddy) slope and then slabbing, but he said after thinking about what I want to do in fastening down run he's going to concrete it and use sleepers :?

Decided to get a CMS run and have a quote with sloping roof. Seems it's going to be felted. Is that a problem in a walk in run - re red mite or not? :?

I'm getting some concrete, I'm getting some concrete, I'm getting some concrete, :dance::lol::lol:

Well its gonna happen :D

We have decided to go from a cube with a 4 meter run to a 12ft x 6ft Walk in run.

We had a quote from Tony a few months ago and we are going for a A4U run.

Been watching this thread for many months now and can confirm that we are going for it.

Spent the day moving the girls run and cube out of the way so that i can prepare the ground for slabs.

Had to take a meter of run out today so it would fit into thier temporary place,man them clips are a killer on your fingers.

We have been able to pick up enough used slabs to do the whole run.

The run will be fixed to the side of my brick built shed.

P4030022.jpg

P4030033.jpg

P4030039.jpg

P4030038.jpg

P4030049.jpg

P4030051.jpg

The girls loved helping me dig the original path out, they must have had 20 worms each.

Why does everything take so long? The WIR is nearly done - but it's taking ages. Just the roof to put on then I can fix the perches and put hooks to hang a gravity feeder and drinker but I can't doany more I will collapse from lack of food.

So here's the photos of where we are at the moment. The WIR is parallel to the integral run of my set up and i accessed with its door. It means I can still close them in that run at cleaning time etc. or even have somewhere for introductions. :think: No - never more than three for us.

P4040341.jpg

Ada, Madge and Cissie.

P4040343.jpg

Madge at the back, Ada and Cissie looking down.

P4040344.jpg

As I say, the roof needs to be put on so there is no covering on the ground yet - knowing my luck it will rain before I get the roof on if I put hemcore down now. Which means you can all go and out your washing out as we will have a heat wave until the roof does go on. :roll: Ada and Madge on the perch and Cissie on the ground.

The (just about) finished article - well I want to put some of the clear fabric we used for the roof on the door as that is the direction the rain tends to come from.

P4050349.jpg

Madge has yet to venture out as she is in the old run looking for the food and water. :doh: These girls LOVE dust bathing in the hemcore so the fresh stuff is loaded with louse powder and diatom (just as well I poo pick regularly). :D

Had to make it a bit slimmer than its actual size so I can squeeze down the side of it to get to the coop and nest box (the back of the garage is only about 18" from the edge of the paving stones). :oops:

In an ideal world the coop and run would be parallel to the fence at the back but the gap behind the garage is slightly too narrow.

Hey ho, onwards and upwards. I brought 2 of the runs as they were so cheap so we'll extend out the front of the integral run next. But that can wait for a while yet as I/we are too shattered from making this one. :boohoo: We are going to take some time to enjoy it/them.

Scary, more like.

We haven't finished putting the base down yet.

:oops:

:shock: Then what are you doing on here!!!!!???

Get outside now!!!!! :wink::lol:

Oooh very exciting.....so are all bantams moving to this new run or are you starting a new little pom pom flock? :)

All the pekins are moving to the new run along with Buff-Head the silkie and Rafa Henitas, the little vorwerk. I was going to leave the Australorp in the big run but it seems she is too attached to the silkie.

:roll: