lizbeth

Help - is this normal?

My lovely new chickens (Miss Hetty and Delilah) arrived this morning. Not long after they arrived they have gone into the Eglu and have been there all day. I'm worried as they have had nothing to eat or drink since they arrived. It also looks as though one or both of them have a bit of diahorea (sorry bad spelling!). A police helicopter went over very low not long after they arrived so I wondered if this may have frightened them? Any help would be much appreciated as I am really worried about them!

They will soon settle in. The poos you describe should be the odd (what's know on here) korma poos which are normal. Unless it's all the time I shouldn't worry too much. They will settle down to eat and drink when they ready. See how they are tomorrow and I bet they come and start drinking etc. They won't eat as much until they start laying.

and welcome to the forum by the way! :D

Dodgy tummies are commonplace in chickens that have recently been moved

Some chickens are braver than others, I have two that I got on Sunday who haven't ventured out yet, I put small pots of water and food in the house for them

Congratulations on the chickens :dance:

Hi

I am v new with chickens their poos can look really runny and they do change all the time really! Am sure they will settle down and come out. They obviously approve of their eglu then

good luck indie

One of our girls had a touch of the runs for the first ten days or so... we took to using the opportunity to gain some trust from her by feeding her a little bit of natural yoghurt mixed with porridge oats... works a treat at settling chicken tummies!

Just be careful that you don't give too much and all should be well soon :) Enjoy your girls... this is a great time of year to get your hens, you'll be spending loads of time with them and they'll soon be following you round the garden :lol:

Paula