Budgies

Four birds?

In general terms over the last 2 years, my 4 seem to get along ok.

They are all hybrids and all relatively the same age. However I do have one chook at the bottom of the pecking order. Every few days she is jumped on to remind her of her place and chased away from the treat bowl.

But, I think even if there were less than 4 she would still be bottom of the pack..... Reason being, I had 4 hens delivered from Omlet but one died and I replaced her after only 4 weeks. The newbie was bullied, it sorted itself out, but she is still after 2 years picked on by the other 3.

Not sure if that helps at all..... in future I would have 4 hens again but get them all on same day and if anything happened to one I wouldn't rush to replace her.

Four here too and they all get along fine. The Orps were here first and then the hybrids came along just over three months later.

They all play nicely and scwabbles but we def have a bottom chook, she doesn`t get picked on but she will not go into the nestbox if someone else is already using it but then if the other three are using it all together she has major seperation issues and honks like a goose until she has company in the garden again :roll:

my four are ok but they have paired up, it's more obvious in the evening as 2 of them go to bed at 8 and the other 2 stay up till gone 9. :D skye is bottom of the pecking order so i'm glad i got 4 because ebony keeps her company when the other 2 have been a bit mean to her.

I have 2 bluebelles and 2 amber stars. We got them together from the same place and they were roughly the same age and size as advised by the person that we got them off. They are very much a gang. They started off as 2 pairs but were very soon fully integrated. When they sneak into the kitchen though it is always the 2 amber stars :lol:

I bought 4 hybrids together, PPPP and (white chicken)(white chicken) . They were together most of the time and I can't remember them separating off into pairs.

The (white chicken)(white chicken) have died and the PPPP can't bear to be apart! :lol: They have to see each other all the time.

I have four hybrids whom we got together (same place, same age approximately) and they seem very happy with each other, fond of mass hen cuddles. Originally Sophia was 'boss' hen but now power seems fairly evenly distributed and there's no bullying. They're still quite young though, about five or six months.