SAB

Dirty weekend!

My OH and I have just spent the day shovelling 4.5 tonnes of soil into what was previously a garden pond and is now to be our vegetable patch. I now feel fantastically achey and righteously filthy, whilst my OH just feels sore and mucky! Tomorrow...planting!

It was my 40th earlier this year and my parents got me an Instant Garden from Rocket Gardens - plug plants, to give me a bit of a head start. At the moment it does not look like much as all the wee plants are so small and spread out, but I am sure it will be bountiful soon and will then post pictures. Got the planting done today as planned - my youngest son was a great help - he is the wee lad (age 5) that we just adopted and for a boy who came from the city he has such an affinity with the land it is amazing - digging and planting are his 2 favourite things, closely followed by looking after the chickens.

Long soaks in the bath have been called for last night and tonight - but no better feeling than getting scrubbed after being so mucky :D .