Julieann

Eggs eggs eggs!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone, I had to write as I am bursting with excitement as my three lovely girls have all produced their first eggs on the same day!!! Is this normal? Could a chicken lay mroe than one egg in a day??

The first one was just lying on the grass outside the eglu this morning, quite a rough egg with a slight bulge but good shape, then I checked a few hours ago and there was one inside the eglu and I just checked again and another!! The other 2 eggs are perfect eggs! I got the girls exactly 2 months ago on the 7th September and after all the stories I have been told of having to wait until next Spring I am over the moon! Chickens rock!

I didn't think they could lay more than one egg, but three would definitely be extreme! Was one of your hens lying down in a darkened room with a towel over her head?!

It sounds to me like they all had a chat, and decided to deliver the goods in one day!

It's so exciting, getting your first eggs, isn't it! Enjoy them! How will you eat them?

I actually feel a bit squeamish about eating them! Does anyone else feel like that? Unfortunately I'm away for the night and leaving shortly so I won't eat them until Thursday. I'm a poached egg fan so I'll be interested to see how fresh they are by how well they poach! I'm dying to crack one but want to wait until the boyfriend gets in to see all three for himself, I've rung him to notify the arrival of all three as they came :) He works with a guy who owns around 60 chickens, free range, and he is only averaging 12 eggs a week - I'm counting my blessings with three today!

I actually feel a bit squeamish about eating them! Does anyone else feel like that? Unfortunately I'm away for the night and leaving shortly so I won't eat them until Thursday. I'm a poached egg fan so I'll be interested to see how fresh they are by how well they poach! I'm dying to crack one but want to wait until the boyfriend gets in to see all three for himself, I've rung him to notify the arrival of all three as they came :) He works with a guy who owns around 60 chickens, free range, and he is only averaging 12 eggs a week - I'm counting my blessings with three today!

I havent had any eggs yet - but I would be like you (squeamish) I cant explain it, but knowing where they have come from (and not from a cardboard box from a supermarket) makes it all a bit strange :)

congrats though! :dance:

I must admit the first time we ate our eggs did feel a little odd, knowing where they came from etc.

But that's now the point, we know where they are from and the exact date they were laid and believe me once you have tasted your own chooks eggs you will not want any others :D

Congratulations! I'm fairly sure that my Beauty laid 2 eggs in one day when I first got them and someone told me it was possible. It took me a while to recognise who was laying which egg but you'll soon get the hang of it (yesterday was my first 5 egg day and i got really excited too!)

Hi Jules,

:D:D CONGRATULATIONS! :D:D

How cool to get three in one day, :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: I'm sooooooooo jealous :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: as I'm yet to have my first egg (not that I keep mentioning it to anyone that will listen!)

Hope your ladies keep up the good work - I look forward to hearing how you enjoy your poached eggs! :)

Thanks everyone! I've just returned from visiting my sister overnight and having a shopping day at Bluewater, but I was so excitied about the eggs last night I couldn't sleep and felt awful all day. How sad am I?! No eggs at all today, I started to get paranoid its someone teasing me! I guess I may have to wait a while for my next clutch of eggs! Will keep you posted :))))

No eggs at all today, I started to get paranoid its someone teasing me! I guess I may have to wait a while for my next clutch of eggs! Will keep you posted :))))

It was about 4 days after I got my very first egg till I got the next one - if I hadn't been hovering about outside the Eglu like an expectant father when the first was laid, I would have been convinced someone (chookiehubbie!) had planted it for a joke!