Couperman Posted July 8, 2009 Share Posted July 8, 2009 I went to plot this morning to find that the local pond life had been on the rampage. There's not a lot of damage to be honest. They have pulled a dozen or so onions up and threw them around the park. I mean what fun lets have a rather super game of chuck the onion, cosmic. There a bit of damage to some other plots and they have smashed a cabbage or two, how impressive. It looks like they found my secret buried anti-slug bucket too, Oh I do hope that "Ooops, word censored!"ody broken their ankle or anything when the stood in it. I don't understand why people find it necessary to destroy things for the sake of it. I could understand someone taking stuff to eat, (not that I like thieves) but to chuck it about, I don't get it. These idiots really lack imagination. I suppose it could have been worse I could have caught them and done something I would now be regretting, slightly. Oh well. I suppose I best go back and harvest the rest for storage, and replace the straw over the sharpened bamboo pit Kev. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mrsallen08 Posted July 8, 2009 Share Posted July 8, 2009 Sorry to hear about that Kev. It makes my blood boil, quite frankly. Glad there isn't too much damage - have you notified the police? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy chickens! Posted July 8, 2009 Share Posted July 8, 2009 I hate mindless vandalisme sorry that it has happened to you. Hope they don't come back. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted July 8, 2009 Share Posted July 8, 2009 I'm so sorry Kev DH's parents have a corner shop and they had kids in today stealing fizzy pop. Luckily they were on candid camera and the police said they'll be able to catch them as they were wearing their school uniforms. The police now have a copy of the cctv footage! Do you belong to an allotment association? Might you be able to club together and get cctv installed? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 8, 2009 Share Posted July 8, 2009 Pathetic individuals Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted July 8, 2009 Share Posted July 8, 2009 Pathetic individuals I'll second that Don't you have your gun turrets in place yet then, Kev? Or maybe one of those scoop em up net trap things would be interesting Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mrs Frugal Posted July 8, 2009 Share Posted July 8, 2009 Grrrrrr ! I know what you mean Kev as we've had a few break ins at our allotment where they've smashed open sheds and stolen or messed up stuff inside. I don't know what "fun" they get out of it but it's so frustrating to have your hard work trashed, even if it is a few onions pulled up. They are YOUR onions after all. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted July 8, 2009 Share Posted July 8, 2009 That's so rotten. So sorry Kev. Sending you a cuddle and a beer! When we had our allotment someone went round harvesting everybodies raspberries (we didn't get as far as fruiting then). I expect they were sold at the roadside somewhere. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperman Posted July 8, 2009 Author Share Posted July 8, 2009 It wasn't too bad really. Another plot holder had called the Police, not much they can do apparently. My neighbour said that they threw some of the onions over her fence and was it ok if she kept them? that re-instated my faith in human decency a little, bless her. Apparently the kids raided quite a few plots taking different things from each. They were also eating the onions like apples! I have seen people do that before but they were on stage after being hypnotized. I have been chuckling to myself about that as I had fed with liquid chicken poo only a few days ago The Police were there again tonight as the 50 strong pack of ferral baboons were scrambling about on the church roof. Not sure if it was the same bunch but it probably is. I think cctv is out of the question but I am expecting a few more community support occifer patrols after recent events. Hopefully they will either grow up or push off sooner rather than later (the kids not the CSO's) There seems to be a spate of idots spray painting moronic slogans over everthing too. How is it cool to go around making things look cack? Oh dear I'm starting to rant, grumpy old man style Kev. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 9, 2009 Share Posted July 9, 2009 Feel free to rant Kev - I'd be livid if anyone came along and undid all the work I'd done here....... (a bit like housework really - that's always undone as soon as it's done - sorry, I digress!) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted July 9, 2009 Share Posted July 9, 2009 Feel free to rant Kev - I'd be livid if anyone came along and undid all the work I'd done here....... (a bit like housework really - that's always undone as soon as it's done - sorry, I digress!) So it's not just me then! I think everyone is allowed to have a Meldrew Moment - in your case Kev, justifiable. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted July 9, 2009 Share Posted July 9, 2009 I'm sorry to hear that Kev - mindless vandalism like that really annoys me too. I hope that they are brought to task. The local junior schools each planted up a flower bed in the park at the bottom of the road, they have built models as part of the display. The next morning, some morons had uprooted most of the plants and smashed the models, I went around picking up what I could before the park wardens arrived. It's a very sad indication of what is wrong with today's society. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted July 10, 2009 Share Posted July 10, 2009 we had it in our east London allotments. Lots of abuse too from teenage boys - made us feel a little vunerable too but I can give as good as I get - my vocabiulary would make your hair curl. Hope you get it sorted Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...