Aunty e Posted July 30, 2009 Share Posted July 30, 2009 I really enjoyed the TTC forums! Lots of tips and tricks to pick up, and things to try (for fun if nothing else). But yes, I got NO work done Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted July 30, 2009 Share Posted July 30, 2009 Rib pain lieke that is called rib flare. There isn't much you can do. I had it particularly badly with my first but the rest were ok partly because my ribs never went back again. Its a bit like spd in some ways as its party to do with the ligaments and tendons all being looser because of hormones and then the baby pushes against them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy-Mama Posted July 31, 2009 Author Share Posted July 31, 2009 have been looking into birth hypnotherapy and found these: The Natal Hypnotherapy™ Programme http://www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk/7.html Has anyone ever used these or similar and what do you think? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted August 1, 2009 Share Posted August 1, 2009 No I've never bought a CD online as I perfered to go and see someone instead. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy-Mama Posted August 2, 2009 Author Share Posted August 2, 2009 (edited) I agree seeing someone probably helps a lot more, but am struggling to find anything in my area, and even if there was £300 for a two day course sounds excessive... though maybe I'm wrong there if it makes a big difference... Just realised my tracker is finally down to double digits though it's stlll 98 days to go... Edited August 2, 2009 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
xScrunchee Posted August 2, 2009 Share Posted August 2, 2009 The CD might be worth a try I reckon People have had major surgery under hynosis so it's something definitely worth looking into Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy-Mama Posted August 2, 2009 Author Share Posted August 2, 2009 Wow, I didn't know that people have had surgery under hypnosis, it definately sounds worth a try Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted August 2, 2009 Share Posted August 2, 2009 My sister only has 4 days to go now - How I wish this baby would make its appearance in the world! We reckon it's hanging on until the 07/08/09 ! Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
xScrunchee Posted August 2, 2009 Share Posted August 2, 2009 Wow, I didn't know that people have had surgery under hypnosis, it definately sounds worth a try Article here Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
xScrunchee Posted August 2, 2009 Share Posted August 2, 2009 Sorry-wanted to show you this too.................................... Childbirth under hypnosis Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy-Mama Posted August 2, 2009 Author Share Posted August 2, 2009 Thanks for the links Jay My sister only has 4 days to go now - How I wish this baby would make its appearance in the world! We reckon it's hanging on until the 07/08/09 ! Emma.x lol that would be easy to remember! remember to post pictures etc of your new niece or nephew when they arrive. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted August 2, 2009 Share Posted August 2, 2009 JenJen - where abouts are you based? The lady I saw probably has contacts in other locations too if you are interested in seeing someone. I cant remember my lady being that expensive either. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Aunty e Posted August 3, 2009 Share Posted August 3, 2009 I've done the hyp"Ooops, word censored!"irthing course - it's lots of relaxation and breathing, and positive affirmation. I really liked it, but can't say how it worked yet It was just under £300 for four sessions, but you got a lot of time for your money. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy-Mama Posted August 4, 2009 Author Share Posted August 4, 2009 I'm in north east Scotland, could you pm me her details please Emma? Thanks for the other replies the hypnotherapy does sound good and definitely worth a go. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted August 4, 2009 Share Posted August 4, 2009 Here's one for you! Remember my sister is due Thurdsday. Well today she drove the big pick up to Leek , Staffordshire to deliver some rubber stable matting that she had sold. No stopping my sister. Funny picture, a heavily pregnant getting out of a high up pick up! Anyway, we then went to Festival park. Mothercare for a wee & browse - then to Toys r us. We were queueing forever at customer services when her waters broke! I couldn't help but laugh & cry at the same time! She is now at the hospital being monitored & god knows what else! Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griffin Posted August 4, 2009 Share Posted August 4, 2009 I hope Toysrus give your sister some free baby gear! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted August 4, 2009 Share Posted August 4, 2009 Hope you hear some news soon Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted August 4, 2009 Share Posted August 4, 2009 Well I have wrote to the store & complained at how long we & 2 other couples were kept waiting at the desk. My poor sister was so embarrassed & then very scared. Poor love. Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy-Mama Posted August 5, 2009 Author Share Posted August 5, 2009 any word on your sister? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PurpleTree Posted August 5, 2009 Share Posted August 5, 2009 ooo, won't be long now - fingers crossed Hope it all goes well for her. Was it a stereotypical breaking of waters, big gush? Or a bit more subtle? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted August 5, 2009 Share Posted August 5, 2009 Fingers crossed for her - it won't be long now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Aunty e Posted August 5, 2009 Share Posted August 5, 2009 We're always told that if you're standing up, it will be more of a subtle trickle than a gush, as the baby's head sort of 'corks' the cervix. If you're in bed, it will gush apparently (YUK). Bored with being pregnant now. Want to play with baby Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PurpleTree Posted August 5, 2009 Share Posted August 5, 2009 I was in bed when my waters broke and thought I'd wet myself Def more than a trickle when I stood up though. Was a really horrid, weird feeling all day constantly feeling I was wetting myself Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted August 5, 2009 Share Posted August 5, 2009 I was exactly the same Purpletree! I thought I'd wet myself Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted August 5, 2009 Share Posted August 5, 2009 It was a trickle then later a gush when she got out of the pick up at home. She went hospital last night to be monitored & got home at 11pm. However she went into hospital at 6am this morning & is still there - I presume she is in labour. Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...