Chickvic Posted August 5, 2009 Share Posted August 5, 2009 Oooh exciting - let's hope you hear something soon! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Scramble Posted August 5, 2009 Share Posted August 5, 2009 I was exactly the same Purpletree! I thought I'd wet myself That's not going to put anybody off having children Actually the word 'cervix' kind of does... But Miracle of Life and all that Goog Luck everyone I hope you hear soon Emma Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted August 5, 2009 Share Posted August 5, 2009 Wasn't my problem - I was in my sister's kitchen Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted August 6, 2009 Share Posted August 6, 2009 I'm an Aunty!!!! Little boy born at 12.37 this morning. Weighs 8lb 3 & is called Samuel. He has black hair too! He will also have a second name - but they were still deciding between 2 names for that. She had an epidural & was sick all through her labour - in the end the baby was distressed and my sister given an emergency section. Apparently he has his Aunty's camel feet! Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted August 6, 2009 Share Posted August 6, 2009 Wonderful! We all love babies, so please post photos. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PurpleTree Posted August 6, 2009 Share Posted August 6, 2009 Congrats! Glad he's arrived safely Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Aunty e Posted August 6, 2009 Share Posted August 6, 2009 Hurray! Hope your sis is feeling ok and gets over the section ASAP. Right, come on Imogen, that's your boyfriend that is! Time to get out and meet him Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted August 6, 2009 Share Posted August 6, 2009 Right, come on Imogen, that's your boyfriend that is! Time to get out and meet him He could quite easily become tall dark & handsome! He's got the hair, his dad is very tall & has beautiful eyes - so I bet he's going to break some hearts when he's older. Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy-Mama Posted August 6, 2009 Author Share Posted August 6, 2009 Congratulations!!! Love the name, can't wait to see some pics Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted August 6, 2009 Share Posted August 6, 2009 Congratulations he was on time too - can't say that about many boys Can't wait for the pics Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Looney Posted August 6, 2009 Share Posted August 6, 2009 Aaaw congratulations to your sister Emma! Lovely name too My friends finally named their baby (12 days after he was born). He's called Reuben. And I met him! He's sooooo tiny 7lb 1oz with dainty little hands and toes. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted August 8, 2009 Share Posted August 8, 2009 How lovely. Auntie Emma we want pics Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tulip Posted August 13, 2009 Share Posted August 13, 2009 This thread has gone a bit quiet - Aunty E are you still around? Tell that Imogen to get a move on! x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Aunty e Posted August 14, 2009 Share Posted August 14, 2009 I'm still here - unfortunately Believe you me, I've been trying to persuade madam to get a move on! Not a peep. I thought I was having contractions a couple of times, and then decided it was indigestion. Feeling ok, but more than ready to get this over and done with personally. And the longer she stays in, the more stretch marks I get - haven't got very many, but I'd like to keep it that way please. I've been drinking gallons of raspberry leaf tea, smothering myself in clary sage and walking for miles, running up and down the stairs, cleaning, moving furniture (my parents are somewhat unhelpfully crashing for a couple of nights with us, which as my dad can't use stairs, and generally gets about in a wheelchair, means I have to clear out the downstairs office for him to sleep in), and generally trying to get her out. This weekend is actually great for OH, my birth partner and me, so if you wouldn't mind positive thinking this baby out for me, that would be FAB. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PurpleTree Posted August 14, 2009 Share Posted August 14, 2009 It's terrible just waiting when you get near the end of a pregnancy, my midwife kept telling me she was convinced Oliver was going to be early, due date came and went, 2 weeks later I was induced I tried walking lots (but be careful I ended up with piles in the last few days, cos he was so big), curries, sex, and pineapple juice is meant to help so I bought cartons of proper, not from concentrate juice. Obviously none of it worked Come on baby, out with you - quickly but safely would be good Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy-Mama Posted August 14, 2009 Author Share Posted August 14, 2009 i was thinking you must be near you due date now Aunty e, you must be so excited to be meeting Imogen soon! have heard a lot of people say they were induced at 2 weeks overdue is that standard so you will not be allowed to be more than 2 weeks past your due date? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PurpleTree Posted August 14, 2009 Share Posted August 14, 2009 That's what I've always been told. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Happy-Mama Posted August 14, 2009 Author Share Posted August 14, 2009 I hope so, will ask the midwife next week. Got my second lot of blood test (I hate having blood tests ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griffin Posted August 14, 2009 Share Posted August 14, 2009 You don't have to be induced if you're late. Different hospitals have different policies on how late they'll 'allow' you to go but you don't have to follow their guidlines if you don't want to. I know of ladies that have gone three weeks over their due date. It's unusual to be that far overdue but most of them consented to daily monitoring just to keep an eye on things. It's much easier not to be induced, I was induced with my first baby and swore never ever to go through that again! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tulip Posted August 15, 2009 Share Posted August 15, 2009 Come on then Imogen it's saturday now... time to get this show on the road. Wake mummy up with a good kick and a contraction Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Aunty e Posted August 15, 2009 Share Posted August 15, 2009 Well we've had a good kick and ONE contraction, which I think was actually indigestion after breakfast. Off to walk sideways up the stairs. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griffin Posted August 22, 2009 Share Posted August 22, 2009 Any news from Aunty E?????????????? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted August 22, 2009 Share Posted August 22, 2009 my first baby was 10 days late, so you may have a little wait yet Aunty E! I think it was the threat of being induced that made her decide to appear Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Aunty e Posted August 24, 2009 Share Posted August 24, 2009 Still settled in. She'll come out when she wants to, no doubt at the most inopportune moment. I had a sweep this morning, so maybe something will happen, but the midwife seemed to think that Imogen was quite happy where she was thank you very much. I'll be induced next week if nothing happens, so not too long to wait. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted August 24, 2009 Share Posted August 24, 2009 Fingers crossed. Both of mine came after a sweep Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...